1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 9191gmc, Jul 1, 2013.

1. 9191gmc

9191gmc Rockstar

what size is a standard 2001 silvy 4x4 wheel??
    can it take different size rubber?? what sizes??

2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Looks like 16" rims were standard on those trucks. The stock tire size is 245 75R16. This information was found on Tire Rack.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've got an '01. It came stock with 16" wheels. Once the original tires wore out, I ran 265-65-16s on it. That size tire rubbed a little every time the tires were brand new so I would be leery of going bigger than that unless you have a lift.

4. 9191gmc

9191gmc Rockstar

what about this..... I have a set of fancy aluminum wheels,Ultra, with 265/75/16 rubber.. The truck came with them.
    I hate the lugs on them. Anyway...can I put 235/75/16 rubber on these rims???? I didnt think I could but maybe I am wrong...??

5. McClintoc

What are the actual wheel dimensions, particularly the width?

6. 9191gmc

9191gmc Rockstar

i dont know they are Ultra Brand Alum. wheels. Is there a chance they could take 235/75/16??
    they would be cheaper and I dont need wide tires anyway.

7. McClintoc

Since the Ultras and the tires you want to put on them are both 16", then yes, a 235/75/16 would fit. However, as the Ultras are aftermarket and they already have some 265s on them, I just hope they aren't too wide for a 235. 235 is starting to get narrow for a full-size truck.

8. 9191gmc

9191gmc Rockstar

so I guess 245 would be ok.... maybe I will stick with them..

9. McClintoc

Yeah, I wouldn't go smaller than stock. At least not width-wise.