1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

When bad things happen to defenseless cars...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McClintoc, Jun 22, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We all know how annoying those fake, stick-on fender vents are. I'm talking about these things:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/charline22153/TRUCK/Funny/dumbpic.jpg

Super cheap and super annoying, even when used properly on the front fender/quarter panel as "engine vents". Well, twice this past week I saw some that were used improperly. I saw a Chrysler 300 sedan with one of the single, large "vents" stuck on the rear quarter panel and then just today I saw a Ford Expedition with the three little squares (just like the pic above) under his rear-most window! Seriously, what are these people thinking when they buy those and put them on??? I wish I had some pictures.

Anyways, this thread is for any tails of misfortune you have seen on cars. This includes horrible paint jobs, poor repairs, giant "bookshelf" wings, trucks lifted way too high, you name it. Pics always help. Post away!!
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I once saw a neon with a huge wing on the back with a body kit. I wanted to say to the guy, no matter what you do to it, it will always be a neon. But, I too hate those fake air vents. I also hate the fake chrome wipers and the chrome door trim that you can get. It all looks so ugly
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I agree those look so stupid! I swear I remember seeing a person put a set on the stock "cowl" on a 03-07 silverado. :no: