1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

When Easter Bunnies Attack

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TrailLeadr, Apr 16, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You probably figured this was a joke thread, and in some respects it is, but it's not the funny kind.

Prior to the Easter weekend a RI school superintendent decided that anything "Easter Bunny" related was to be banned from the school's craft fair.
    This became a huge controversy as I'm sure you can imagine. It was terribly distorted to the point that my daughter came home being told by school teachers that students were no longer allowed to say "Easter Bunny" on school grounds. For fear that it would offend those who are opposed to the easter bunny.

Thankfully senator Rick Singleton came to the defense and is trying to get a bill passed making it illegal to ban "ANY" religious icons from school.
    The point was made that if this kind of attitude towards people's individual rights to celebrate their holiday the way it was intended, is allowed to progress then some time in the future we would no longer call them Christmas trees, but "Holiday trees", and a Menorah would be called a countdown candelabra.
    That would kind of suck the cheer out of the holidays.

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Uh Oh you have a POLITCALLY CORRECT Canadian superintendent in the building "lookout". Its all downhill from here...:lol:

3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

BTW don't kid yourself I've had a Bunny attack and they go straight for the throat...I had to kill it with my bare hands.

4. KD7ONE

KD7ONE Rockstar 100 Posts

Wow, I didn't know they go for the throat. The worst thing my rabbit ever did to me was to pee on my lap when I was petting it.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

sigh, this stuff never ends, it's silly becuase the US department of justice has guidelines on this and the US supreme court has ruled as well over and over.

I understand the point of someone who doesn't want their child to participate when a school has an "easter egg hunt" or a "Christmas pagent" or want past something they don't like in a craft fair ... or they don't want a teacher insutrcting on the same from a doctrinal pov in the classroom. You know, "just teach my kid the 3-R's".

However, when a student wants to express themself and the school/school district/local district/etc. want to restrict what a student can or can not say, then that's censorship and it's a violation of free speech for the student. The state shouldn't view the phrase "Easter Bunny" (not sure where that is in the Bible anyhow...was he an apostle?) any differently than "Bon Jovi" or "I eat wheaties" and (at least in the US) to tel them differently is to violate free speech in favor of a twisted view of the establishment clause.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wasn't that a bit in "quest for the holy grail?"

7. TrailLeadr

If you corner a frightened rabbit it will lunge for the throat, if it feels threatened.

8. ChevyFan

9. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I wonder if the RI S. S. had anything to do with this accident:

" Truck carrying 5,000 rabbits to slaughter overturns on highway in Hungary
    Published: Monday, April 16, 2007 | 7:30 PM ET
    Canadian Press

BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) - A truck carrying 5,000 rabbits to a slaughterhouse overturned on a major Hungarian highway Monday, sending authorities on a hopping big bunny hunt.

The M1 highway, the main connection between the capital cities of Hungary and Austria, was closed for several hours in the morning while authorities tried to recapture them, Highway Patrol spokeswoman Viktoria Galik said. The road reopened in the afternoon.

The truck carrying the rabbits was struck by another truck whose driver had fallen asleep, Galik said.

"Most of them were hopping around the freeway but some also stayed in their broken cages," she said.

Both drivers were unharmed in the accident, but Galik said some 500 rabbits were killed. By midday, 4,400 bunnies had been collected and taken away from the scene.

About 100 of them got a lucky break, hopping away from capture and the slaughterhouse into fields surrounding the highway.

"Those 100 are free to go. We will not collect them," Galik said.

The rabbits that were recaptured may be taken to the slaughterhouse soon, Galik said, but had no further details.

The accident happened 45 kilometres west of Budapest on the M1 heading toward the Austrian capital, Vienna.

© The Canadian Press, 2007 "

Looks awful suspicious to me.;)

10. TrailLeadr

I saw that. RI is pretty corrupt, but I don't think they had anything to do with it. However I wouldn't put it past them to take credit for it. lol