When you think you have had a bad day....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Caddiac, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

...found out my brother was car-jacked at the grocery store last Tuesday. Thank God he was not injured. Guy came up right after he got in the car at the grocery store and pulled a gun and told him to get out or he would kill him. He was on the other side of town from where he lives now but he is thinking about changing the locks though the cops told him they have never heard of someone coming to the home of someone they stole a car from.

But hey, they have the addy from the registration. What would you guys do?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It's been done.. Are his house keys also on the same key chain? If so YES!!! Do it fast.. But it could also be just some kids wanting to joy ride..

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I would change the locks. I look at it as cheap insurance. It most likely is some punk kid. If it was me it would give me a little peace of mind.

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Definitely change the locks & if your brother doesn't have a gun, loan him one of yours so at least it's a fair fight if the azzhole shows up.

5. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It was an older guy. Brother thinks he was on something. Probably a good idea to get a locksmith to come out to the house. He lives with my mom now as he has a bad hip and mom has dementia. It happened a good ways away from mom's house but you never know.

6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. Probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I know I'd sleep better at night if it was me.

7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Protected by Smith & Wesson comes to mind.