1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where are all my Canadian friends?

Discussion in 'North America - Canada' started by ChevyFan, Oct 22, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

How do we need to break down Canada on a forum like like? Large areas? Do it by province and then the cities in those provinces maybe?
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Member

Canada, as you know is a big place (larger than the US)...but has a small population (1/10th of the US)

Dividing it into the provinces is probably your best bet. I wouldnt worry about the cities.....I think most of the truckers are country people. Everyone and their brother has one out where I live
  3. IanF

IanF Member

Just by Province is probably the best break down. We are so spread that the only way it would be important to us would be first by province and then city if a further breakdown is available. It is amazing how many pickups I see all over Toronto and area.
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Even by province is a small group, maybe a larger area like West, Central, East would work
  5. ChevyFan

Just under 10% of the visitors to this site come from Canada. That's pretty signification so I don't want to deny my heritage (my grandmother was Canadian, born in Victoria BC) and get it wrong, eh?
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. ChevyFan

What part of Canada are you from?
  7. poncho62

poncho62 Member

Rural Ontario....about 100 miles from Toronto .....lived near there most of my life....dont miss it.
  8. Dueck

Dueck Member

Winnipeg here. I agree, by province is a small group.
    Possibly BC/Alberta, Mb/Sask (that just doesn't sound right:gasp:), Ont, Quebec and the Maritimes.
  9. ChevyFan

I've got another idea. Lets try thread prefixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Until we can grow the number of active Canadian members, you can group messages according to area by using thread prefixes. Once it grows more, we'll maybe split it into East, Central and West.