Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where are all the Ford pictures coming from?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Sep 14, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I am sure it is not just me, but for some reason it looks like there are allot of ford pictures coming up on here.....

I know some people own both GM and Ford, but this is a GM site........
  2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You mean in the ads?

Ads that are displayed on the site are different for everyone. If you spend time looking at Ford sites and searching for ford stuff, you will get a lot of Ford ads, whereas someone who searches for health food will see ads for that sort of stuff on the sites they visit. That is controlled by Google.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nak, did you just out yourself as a potential closet Ford buyer? :gasp:
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't spend any of my time searching for Ford products but right this very moment there is an ad at the top of the page with a direct link to ford.com.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ahh so that explains why I'm getting all the dating site advertisements!!
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Privoxy works wonders for frying the ads.
  7. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Maybe Ford is sending us subliminal messages that we think we can ignore but next year we'll inadvertently buy a Ford.

:sign0073:
  8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As I ford owner I'll never own another one. Ever. I love my cobras but I guess after getting ran all night in the 4th mile by Chevys it's bout time I switch to the zl1
  9. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I posted about my anniversary on Facebook last week... All of the sudden I started getting ads for crisis and suicide hotlines! LOL! True story!
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

LOL.... Closet ford person...... right.... If I was going to leave my GM for some other car manufacturer it would be a company like Toyota who will agree to warranty everything while "I" own the vehicle...... including the transmission so I don't have to spend $3000 that should not fall apart at less than 400,000 miles.... (4L60E is a piece of crap).

But no, no Ford....:rofl: A ford would require a transmission rebuild at every 50,000.