1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where can I find this intake manifold?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Crispyt, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Crispyt

Crispyt Rockstar 100 Posts

Im looking for a performance intake manifold for my 1995 C1500 4.3l V6. It seems like when I come across intakes for these engines there listed for 1990-1994 or something. I can never seem to find one for a 1995. Its throttle body injected and it says vortec on the valve covers. I know its not true votec injection. But are the heads different from that of a 1994 or older? I've tryed sites like jegs, summit, and edelbrock but no luck. Im just looking for a slightly better one than stock because im going to be rebuilding the heads next month and would like to put something a little better.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and help all!
  2. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

1995 they mave have changed the EGR valve, and it may have seen the start of some OBD2 components (the switch was in 1996 for ALL cars).

is 1995 direct valve/port injection? or do you still have a throdel body?
  3. Crispyt

Crispyt Rockstar 100 Posts

Its a TBI engine.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Try looking at some Boating websites, the 4.3 is a very popular marine engine and a lot of intake parts cross over, they can be found with injected or carburated systems.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts