Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where do you buy your parts?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Coach24, Jan 30, 2012.

?

Where do you buy your parts?

1. OEM dealer

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Carquest

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. O'Reilly

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Pep Boys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Advance Auto

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. Autzone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mass Merchant(Walmart,Costco, Etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Wrecking Yard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Online catalogs

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  10. other

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Do you buy Oem , aftermarket or even used.
  2. Mr.454

Mr.454 New Member

On parts designed for wear and tear, I usually take the opportunity to upgrade said worn out part with an aftermarket upgraded replacement. ie brakes, plugs, plug wires, suspension components, etc...
    However, I do prefer OEM. At least with American Made vehicles.
  3. grape2

grape2 Member

I purchase for a local parts store, right part everytime. I used them when I was a service manager and customers did not want to pay Chrysler parts prices. These guys have real parts, Moog, Wagner, etc and they purchase direct for the manufacture.
  4. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

some NAPA, quite a few GM upgrade/accessories because the warranty is also for the labour. I have bought
    some parts from Canadian Tire, Van and Truck World, and Apple Auto Glass....Brian from Canada
  5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Sorry to hear you buy from Napa. But then not everyone knows the whole story about Napa. Personally I left them off the list for a reason. To me they are like owning a Ford
  6. carmantx

carmantx Member

Amazon.com
  7. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal Rockstar 100 Posts

Usually wear parts from the Advance Auto or a local non-chain store; both right around the corner from me. Since we have an account with NAPA and Summit, I could buy there cheap if it'll end up better price. Performance parts I'll buy online - Autoanything, Real Truck, Summit.
  8. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I buy from NAPA Auto Parts...ive got an account there
  9. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Mostly from Chevy dealer. I have a good relationship with the parts guys there.

I also order some things from aftermarket sources. Including NAPA. I have used NAPA parts in cars since I learned to drive 40 years ago. Never had problems with anything from them.

Also buy from Amazon, Summit Racing, LMC, some other web suppliers.
  10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It just depends on the part. I'll usually do the research (read: ask on here) to figure out the best options and go wherever it's available and least expensive.