1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where Do You Find Good, New or Used Parts In Canada?

Discussion in 'North America - Canada' started by In2Trux, Apr 19, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. In2Trux

In2Trux New Member

I find some pretty good deals on good used trucks, but they need work.
    I don't want to talk to the dealerships $$$
    Where do you shop for good new or used truck parts?
  2. In2Trux

In2Trux New Member

I FOUND A PLACE !!!!

centralauto.ca

[​IMG]
  3. Dirtydeeds

Dirtydeeds New Member

Have you tried kijiji or your local wreckers?

regards :)
  4. 04-silverado

04-silverado New Member 100 Posts

I don't know how old you are... I'm 60, and back in the day one could goto any junkyard... ask for a part... and if that junkyard didn't have it, they would send out a request, across the country via TELETYPE, to all other junkyards. Typically, within a few minutes, an answer (or several) would come back: "we've got it -- the price is". But I digress, just a bit...

Today, using http://www.car-part.com/ you get much the same service, only FASTER (and the "results page" has toll-free numbers, and email addresses, if you need further details or even additional parts). We have so many SALVAGE YARDS within a 50 mile radius of where I live, I could spend DAYS trying to visit (and/or call) all of them. Using this website (car-part.com) I've saved countless hours and many thousands of dollars. Give it a test-drive yourself (and pass it on)!

hth - karl
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  5. In2Trux

In2Trux New Member

Hey Karl
    That's exactly the website I used and found Central Trux LOL.
    I'm 48 :lol: And I remember teletype LOL
  6. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper New Member

Bookmarked that site. Thanks :)
  7. In2Trux

In2Trux New Member

Cum'n guys... We're looking for sum more good ideas on some good locations for good used parts. I like the wrecking yards that I can go in and pick my own parts. They are becoming harder and harder to find.
    Kijiji is a good place to find parts, as mentioned earlier. That is a site that is becoming more and more popular
  8. Lightzz2k

Lightzz2k New Member

In Ottawa we have a place called Kenny U-Pull....huge you pull it yard with hundreds of vehicles.
    They have one In Ottawa and an even bigger one in Gatineau.
    Amazing prices and lots of selection!
  9. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Member 100 Posts

Hi Guys: If your looking for new parts I saved a ton at rockauto.com but for body parts LMCtruck.com is not to bad.
  10. Tachyon

Tachyon Member

I know this is an old post, but I think it's a question that people will always want answered so lets keep it up to date as a reference

I can't believe no one has mentioned Rock Auto yet.
    They are a great site for parts that you'd normally have to get from the dealer at their inflated dealer prices.
    Rock Auto has a great selection of parts, great prices, and the ship to Canada not only cheaply, but extremely fast.

In fact I think it was someone here that originally put me on to the company. I've bought quite a bit from them and have been very happy with every transaction.