Where Do You Find Good, New or Used Parts In Canada?

Discussion in 'North America - Canada' started by In2Trux, Apr 19, 2010.

1. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

I find some pretty good deals on good used trucks, but they need work.
    I don't want to talk to the dealerships $$$
    Where do you shop for good new or used truck parts?
  2. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

I FOUND A PLACE !!!!

3. Dirtydeeds

Dirtydeeds New Member

Have you tried kijiji or your local wreckers?

regards :)
  4. 04-silverado

04-silverado Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't know how old you are... I'm 60, and back in the day one could goto any junkyard... ask for a part... and if that junkyard didn't have it, they would send out a request, across the country via TELETYPE, to all other junkyards. Typically, within a few minutes, an answer (or several) would come back: "we've got it -- the price is". But I digress, just a bit...

Today, using http://www.car-part.com/ you get much the same service, only FASTER (and the "results page" has toll-free numbers, and email addresses, if you need further details or even additional parts). We have so many SALVAGE YARDS within a 50 mile radius of where I live, I could spend DAYS trying to visit (and/or call) all of them. Using this website (car-part.com) I've saved countless hours and many thousands of dollars. Give it a test-drive yourself (and pass it on)!

hth - karl
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  5. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

Hey Karl
    That's exactly the website I used and found Central Trux LOL.
    I'm 48 :lol: And I remember teletype LOL
  6. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper New Member

Bookmarked that site. Thanks :)
  7. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

Cum'n guys... We're looking for sum more good ideas on some good locations for good used parts. I like the wrecking yards that I can go in and pick my own parts. They are becoming harder and harder to find.
    Kijiji is a good place to find parts, as mentioned earlier. That is a site that is becoming more and more popular
  8. Lightzz2k

Lightzz2k New Member

In Ottawa we have a place called Kenny U-Pull....huge you pull it yard with hundreds of vehicles.
    They have one In Ottawa and an even bigger one in Gatineau.
    Amazing prices and lots of selection!

BIGREDDADDY53 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Hi Guys: If your looking for new parts I saved a ton at rockauto.com but for body parts LMCtruck.com is not to bad.
  10. Tachyon

Tachyon Rockstar 100 Posts

I know this is an old post, but I think it's a question that people will always want answered so lets keep it up to date as a reference

I can't believe no one has mentioned Rock Auto yet.
    They are a great site for parts that you'd normally have to get from the dealer at their inflated dealer prices.
    Rock Auto has a great selection of parts, great prices, and the ship to Canada not only cheaply, but extremely fast.

In fact I think it was someone here that originally put me on to the company. I've bought quite a bit from them and have been very happy with every transaction.