Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Where do you pump gas?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Silverado1500, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

alright so there are brands that are rated top tier gas and there are brands rated best quality. would you rather pump with the TOP TIER or the BEST QUALITY?

These brands in the USA meet the TOP TIER detergent gasoline standards:
    (http://www.tc.umn.edu/~inman009/html/fuel.htm#toptier)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow, i've only heard of one of those gas stations in my life. I'm from Canada and all we got is Shell.

3. Silverado1500

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good info', thanks for sharing! I use Murphy when I can.

5. Silverado1500

haha no problem :)

6. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I pump Sunoco 94 Octane.:gasp:

7. TFisher

TFisher Member

I try to always go to BP, I went to Shell once, it's all alcohol -- I got very poor mileage, barely got 80 miles on the tank. Now I always get 89 at the BP, or I get a bottle of Techron with every fill up of 87 elsewhere.

Regards,

Thomas

8. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

i havent heard of many of these i live in south Louisiana.... i usually use Murphy and Race Track i didnt see that one on this list

9. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I don't know where Sam's Club buys their gas but they are always the lowest price in the area. When traveling I always use Shell and have since the 70's.
    :neutral:

10. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I live in a little town with only one gas station, Shell. Most the time i put their V-Power in it. Ive always liked the fuel but the gas station is about 6-8 cents higher than other gas stations in our area because they have no competion. The next nearest station is about 25 minutes away.