1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where do you put it?! (programmer storage)

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by ChevyBoy2009, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Hey guys i have a quick question for ya...where do you guys store your programmer/tuner when not in use?...Do you store it in the case uder your rear seat?In center console?In the house?...reason im asking is because I disabled AFM and now i have to find a spot to store it.Im thinking about under my rear seat in case the truck ever breaks down on the road and need it towed to dealership for work and not have it in there to turn it back to stock.Lets hear what ya got to say!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I keep mine under one of the back captains chairs. But, I caution doing this if the programmer you have has a battery inside for the memory. Mine has a flash memory so it is fine. But, I have a friend with a Bully Dog programmer, the battery died when he left it in his truck all winter and he lost his stock program for his duramax.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I keep mine in a hard case in the garage
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would do the same, but, I guess I understand why the op would want it handy. I just think the risk of having it disappear from the truck it too great.

BTW, I do not know if this is true.......but, I have heard that GM can now tell if the files have been changed. I suspect much like any file, they are now keeping track of file updates (date and time).
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've gone to the dealer with it installed and the Superchips sticker on the rear window.. Never a problem If something does happen THEY have to prove that the Programer did it...
  6. darnie1987

darnie1987 New Member 100 Posts

mines under the hood ;) but the best place is to store it in your truck. just inccase you need to change something and ur not at home.
  7. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Will the heat and cold make it have issues?
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i keep my intune in the house. cant wander off that way.

Alex
  9. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

I put it in the hole...