Where does a 777 Jet plane hide???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Mar 18, 2014.

1. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Ok with all the media coverage on this jet that just disappeared into thin air or deep water, why is it that it cannot be found???

If its at the bottom of the ocean I would think that something would be floating from crashing into it out there for one of the many countries searching would find something.
    If its on dry land hidden then I would think by now there would be some sort of demand for something for information about it.

Anyone else have a idea or conspiracy theory???

Aliens???
    Black hole???
    Terrorist/Hijackers???
    Spontaneous Combustion??
  2. Jamm3r

Jamm3r New Member

The sky is a big place.

So is the ocean.

Time will tell, but with prior planning to allow refuelling, it could be anywhere worldwide. A 777 is audacious but many smaller but still large craft have "disappeared" to join smuggling efforts etc.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

It's a big area, a huge area, with a lot of countries that won't talk to each other. The perfect place to lose a jet, by accident, or on purpose.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

Ts not missing, courtney love outsmarted everyone and found it!!:lol:
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member

Just a friendly reminder, if this gets too far off-track or overtly political, the thread's gonna disappear. I haven't seen anything wrong yet, but it could easily go that way.

Carry on...
  6. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Gonna disappear like a 777 Jet??:lol:Not sure I see how but note taken.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

The entire thing surprises me. Yes, there is a lot of water to cover out there. But, like said above, with 20 some countries looking you would figure that something would be found. Although it did take more than 2 years to find that air france flight and they were able to use pinging from the black box to locate it. If it was hi-jacked I am surprised that we have heard no group claim responsibility or demand a ransom. I have seen a bunch of theories out there. One said something about some group that was making a terrorist attack against China (most the people on the flight were from china) The theory said that the hi-jackers contacted air traffic control, who contacted government, who contacted china, who said that they will take care of it and to keep it quite. Yea, it is a crazy theory. The media is pointing toward a hi-jacking.
  8. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member

Well played sir.:wink2:
  9. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 New Member

Well no conspiracy theory here. I just think that the area in which this plane could be is just so massive that it's gonna take a good while to find. I heard it could be (without refueling) in anywhere of an area as large as like 3X's (or bigger) than the whole United States. Like imagine trying to find a plane...in that much area. Obviously they are strategically trying to search in a pattern and there are a lot of Countries looking, but still, that's a needle in a haystack.......
  10. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 New Member

Debris from a crash in the ocean may take weeks to find its way to shore though due to tides etc. I think its on the moon, like all the conspiracy crack heads say. I mean I've seen a space shuttle go through the atmosphere before and not fall apart. Why can't a tin can airplane with no way to support that amount of oxygen land on the moon?? I mean this is the ONLY way..

I read an article about the pilot of the plane and how many hours of flight he had logged. If the information is true this isn't some pilot that has only flown for 5 or 10 years. He is a seasoned pilot with many hours flying large commercial planes. As stated in the article pilots have plans already made out in emergencies for those just in case moments. It was saying he might have veered off course to go to a larger airport while in dire need to land.

We may never know what truly happened though unless they find some evidence soon. I pray for the families either way.
  11. the phantom

the phantom New Member

The families are understandably demanding some answers.. The Chineese govt., that does not believe in freedom of speech, is not allowing the families to talk to the media. They were shuffled to another room away from the media and they wanted to talk.. One of those things that you just have to appreciate living here in the U.S. (Not that our govt. tells us everything either:lol:) Sorry [MENTION=14098]Crawdaddy[/MENTION]. Thats as political as im gonna get.:rofl:
  12. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

This story gets more strange each day.
  13. Brandon1

Brandon1 New Member

My bet is that plane was not hijacked or anything and it is training job the big brother. it is all a theater, they just made it all up for us to look at the news and worry.

OR Aliens.
  14. 85SawK10

85SawK10 New Member

I agree, take the focus off of Putin taken over Europe.
  15. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Nothing much yet.. supposedly sighting of debris the same color as the plane in the Indian Ocean but still all speculation. But yet they can definitively tell the families the passengers are gone. Some countries and the way they handle things is sure something else.
  16. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Just a strange story all around.
  17. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

18. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

Still missing, no surface debris though by the time they started looking in the right place........

It is a real tragedy for the families. Not knowing for the families has to be difficult. I am sure by now most of you guys have heard about the two girls who went missing around 1971 who were found still in the Studebaker they were driving when they went off the road into a creek. One of the girl's dad died at age 102, 5 days before the car was found.

The CHICOMS are are atheist too. But say a prayer for the families.....
  19. JTWard

JTWard New Member

Strange for sure, but last night I saw on the world news that the samples of an oil slick on the water in the search area were sent to a lab in Australia and the oil IS NOT from an airplane. So It's been over a month and nothing, nada, nope not one piece of debris have been found. . . Nothing ! An airplane is pressurized with internal pressure and the outside of the airplane in a low pressure atmosphere. But If the plane crashed into the Indian ocean the equation is reversed as the pressure outside of the plane is massive and the pressure inside is low. The water would have crushed the plane like a paper cup. a lot of stuff in a plane like the seat cushions are made to float, and all sorts of items would also rise to the surface. But we have nothing ! I don't like it, but there isn't anything but hunches exist right now that the airplane crashed into the ocean.

Also on last nights world news, is despicable, but a few American Lawyers have traveled to china to sign up clients prior to a trial to sue Boeing and Malaysia airlines and the list will get longer as time passes. But as in police and district attorneys area there is a saying: "No body, No case" If, and I use that word with great care, a trial was commenced, what exactly would a company like Boeing be charged with ??? The given idea that Air Malaysia flight 370 crashed into the Indian Ocean is just a hunch, a hunch and absolutely no more than that. When this first aired on the news and it was a day after and no debris or oil slick was found, my friend was driving me home from his body shop and he asked me, (since I helped build a really remote U.S. base names Diego Garcia, a tiny little atoll pretty much in the centered in the Indian Ocean) I said to Bob, "I have a real strong doubt this plane isn't sitting somewhere in Africa on all it wheels but ever thing else turned off." And I have no more than a hunch by the so called experts that I'm wrong ? So. . .
  20. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

Leave it to the lawyers to travel to China so they can sue and American company because the plane flew for so long it finally ran out of gas. How do you determine liability if you don't know where the plane is?

Lets think about this, some one is driving a car made by GM. The car does not arrive at its destination and there is data to suggest it turned around, went in the opposite direction, ran out of gas. We don't know where it is but they have to be dead. We don't know how the passengers died because, well we don't know where they or the car is located. Yea, it has the be GM's fault........