1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where does a 777 Jet plane hide???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Mar 18, 2014.

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Ok with all the media coverage on this jet that just disappeared into thin air or deep water, why is it that it cannot be found???

If its at the bottom of the ocean I would think that something would be floating from crashing into it out there for one of the many countries searching would find something.
    If its on dry land hidden then I would think by now there would be some sort of demand for something for information about it.

Anyone else have a idea or conspiracy theory???

Aliens???
    Black hole???
    Terrorist/Hijackers???
    Spontaneous Combustion??
  2. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 1 Year 100 Posts

The sky is a big place.

So is the ocean.

Time will tell, but with prior planning to allow refuelling, it could be anywhere worldwide. A 777 is audacious but many smaller but still large craft have "disappeared" to join smuggling efforts etc.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It's a big area, a huge area, with a lot of countries that won't talk to each other. The perfect place to lose a jet, by accident, or on purpose.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ts not missing, courtney love outsmarted everyone and found it!!:lol:
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Just a friendly reminder, if this gets too far off-track or overtly political, the thread's gonna disappear. I haven't seen anything wrong yet, but it could easily go that way.

Carry on...
  6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Gonna disappear like a 777 Jet??:lol:Not sure I see how but note taken.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The entire thing surprises me. Yes, there is a lot of water to cover out there. But, like said above, with 20 some countries looking you would figure that something would be found. Although it did take more than 2 years to find that air france flight and they were able to use pinging from the black box to locate it. If it was hi-jacked I am surprised that we have heard no group claim responsibility or demand a ransom. I have seen a bunch of theories out there. One said something about some group that was making a terrorist attack against China (most the people on the flight were from china) The theory said that the hi-jackers contacted air traffic control, who contacted government, who contacted china, who said that they will take care of it and to keep it quite. Yea, it is a crazy theory. The media is pointing toward a hi-jacking.
  8. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well played sir.:wink2:
  9. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 Member

Well no conspiracy theory here. I just think that the area in which this plane could be is just so massive that it's gonna take a good while to find. I heard it could be (without refueling) in anywhere of an area as large as like 3X's (or bigger) than the whole United States. Like imagine trying to find a plane...in that much area. Obviously they are strategically trying to search in a pattern and there are a lot of Countries looking, but still, that's a needle in a haystack.......
  10. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Debris from a crash in the ocean may take weeks to find its way to shore though due to tides etc. I think its on the moon, like all the conspiracy crack heads say. I mean I've seen a space shuttle go through the atmosphere before and not fall apart. Why can't a tin can airplane with no way to support that amount of oxygen land on the moon?? I mean this is the ONLY way..

I read an article about the pilot of the plane and how many hours of flight he had logged. If the information is true this isn't some pilot that has only flown for 5 or 10 years. He is a seasoned pilot with many hours flying large commercial planes. As stated in the article pilots have plans already made out in emergencies for those just in case moments. It was saying he might have veered off course to go to a larger airport while in dire need to land.

We may never know what truly happened though unless they find some evidence soon. I pray for the families either way.