Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Where is my clutch master cylinder?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by gt1009, Dec 11, 2009.

1. gt1009

gt1009 New Member

At risk of sounding like a total noob, I must ask where the clutch master cylinder on my 90 k1500 with a 350 and 5 speed manual is. It's my first manual truck, so I'm not too familiar with the setup yet.

2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I thought I had an answer, but now I'm not sure.
    The reservior is next to the brake booster, and I think the master cylinder is mounted to the frame rail below the clutch pedal. I had a line blow out about six years ago and had to do repairs in about a foot of snow.
    I guess follow the line down from the reservior. And as I recall, if you're bleeding out the system, use some ramps so you can get the truck at an angle so the air raises to the top of the cylinder.

Hope this helps,

3. 951500

951500 New Member

the clutch master is on the firewall next to the brake booster , it has a line that goes to your slave cylinder into the tranney by the starter , that should be it .