Where is the best place to buy OEM GM parts?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TomK, Aug 7, 2009.

1. TomK

TomK New Member

I was going to have the chrome bumpers on my Sierra painted body color, but every body shop I went to told me this was not a good idea. Instead I'm going to purchase the primed Sierra Denali front bumper and rear end caps, so the shop can paint it the right way.

I just wanted to know the best place to get OEM GM parts? I have used GM parts direct before, but last time it took me 6 weeks to get a fog light bracket. What about Chevy Parts

Tom
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member

There are 2 outlets that I know of for OEM parts,
    C/K Resto
    and,Late Model Restoration
    I have picked up a few items from both of these Company.
    There may be a few more Companys out there?
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member

Thanks for the links!
  4. TomK

TomK New Member

Thanks for the links, but I didnt really see what I was looking for.

I will try getting the local dealer to match the prices, but I have a feeling they will not.
  5. vms4evr

vms4evr New Member

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

7. s5belford

s5belford New Member

www.GMpartsclub.com is great! I ordered a part from them and I got it in 3 days without any special shipping options. gotta go with gmpartsclub!!!!
    Chevy Parts
  8. starsilverado

starsilverado New Member

9. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 New Member

:yes: I agree! I've bought lots of stock parts and upgrades off of eBay! Great deals usually, but you have to be careful!
  10. jonatigre

jonatigre New Member

great service!!
    good luck!
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  11. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member

You should check out a vinyl overlay. You can get it in all colors and they sell (3-M) a carbon graphite pattern that looks cool (I did my hood with it and my dash) The stuff wears like iron and when you don't like it or it gets damaged you can peel it off (pick a warm day) Check out u-tube for installation tips. E-Bay sells it just be sure to get the 3-M brand on horiz. surfaces they guarantee it for 3 years.
  12. stchman

stchman New Member

13. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Try a GM dealer.
  14. stchman

stchman New Member

At the dealer, you will pay full retail, while at GM Parts Direct, you pay wholesale.
  15. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

I hope the original poster found his parts considering that the original post was 3 years ago!
  16. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

Amazon carries tons of OEM AC Delco parts. Just go to their auto section and put in your vehicle info.
  17. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Conlan, Amazon is cheaper than what I can get parts for at the GM employee warehouse. For my power steering pump, GM wanted $90 employee price. I was able to get it on amazon for $85 with free prime shipping.
  18. addictedtosoda

addictedtosoda New Member

You guys should really check out www.gmpartsclub.com as ive had a great luck with them. They also are a sponsor of this forum here. There prices may be a tiny bit higher than gmdirect but the shipping is much less so the overall price is lower. Ive found when searching for chevy parts that the prices can really vary.