1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where is the orifice tube on my Suburban???

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jBlaze3000, Jul 18, 2012.

1. jBlaze3000

jBlaze3000 New Member

I have a 2000 Suburban 1500 that is in need of a new AC compressor. When I replace the compressor I am also replacing the accumulator/dryer and orifice tube. Can anyone tell me where the dang orifice tube is located? I'm not having any luck.
  2. beltrunner

beltrunner New Member

If your 2000 Sub is like my '99, the dual air system has the orifice tube in the high pressure line on the passenger side right under the air filter box. It is after the "Y" configuration in the line. There is a nut over a flair type fitting in the line. This nut can become frozen and wreck the threads on the line, so be careful when removing it. On single a/c systems the orifice tube is in the same line, but as it exits the condenser. The grill must come off to do this one. Hope this helps.
  3. bazar01

bazar01 Member

If your 2000 is the same as my 2001, it should be the one circled.

Orifice.jpg
  4. jBlaze3000

jBlaze3000 New Member

I know right where that is! Just didn't recognize it as the orifice tube. Thanks!