Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Where is the PCV valve on a 03 Silverado 5.3 ?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ibmoses, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ibmoses

ibmoses Rockstar 100 Posts

I have not been able to spot the PCV valve on my engine(5.3) can someone point me towards it, please?
    And while we are at it are there any tricks to removing/reinstalling it?

My truck has right at 100,000 miles on it now so I figured I would inspect the PCV valve and make sure it is functioning properly, so thanks for any tips or suggestions.

ROLL TIDE!

Bert

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It is located on the back of the Driver Side Valve Cover,it is inside a Rubber Grommet....all you need to do is pull out.

1 person likes this.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

its where 99 heartbeaat said, but be careful. Not all are removeable. Mine isnt (i know different year and engine). I started to try and get it out before realizing that mine is permanent. didnt say it in the manual.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

according to the fram catalog if you have the flex fuel L59 (z) its not required. the other 5.3 LM7 (T) takes one. (part#fv410)

1 person likes this.
  4. ibmoses

ibmoses Rockstar 100 Posts

There is a device that resembles a PCV valve in the rear of the driver side valve cover, it does not have any moving parts... I pulled it out and looked it over.

The guy at Advance Auto Parts says they dont list a PCV valve for my truck...

Bert

5. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

The best thing i did was when I installed some aftermarket valve covers on my truck, was i replaced my pcv hoses with some regular rubber hoses instead. Simple, easy and cheap to replace now.