1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

where to wheel in ne texas?

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by brownboyz71, Feb 26, 2011.

1. brownboyz71

brownboyz71 Member

I just got my '98 Z71, and have been developing a bit of an itch to go wheeling it. I've been on a handful of trips with friends that have Jeeps (Hot Springs, Bridgeport, etc.), but anywhere they go, seems too narrow for my truck. I have no interest in playing in the mud. I'm looking for places that have rocks to beat on. I haven't put much in to the truck yet, so something that will be a challenge, but doesn't require a super built truck would be perfect.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Look up Katempcy Tx. the original park closed last year but I heard the organizers opened something new.
    A few trails at Barnwell and Escondido are wide enough to fit a FST without scratching it. Look at http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/mc/page.do?sitePageId=90171&orgId=tmtc
    Last but not least Big Bend State park has some decent areas to play in and it's wide open country.
    If your looking to stay close to Rowlett and DFW though there wont be anything, plan on a drive to get to the play areas.
  3. brownboyz71

brownboyz71 Member

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I should ditch the truck and buy a Panamera S. I'll either have the time of my life, or kill myself. :happy:
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm working on trying not to kill myself with it right now, the Panamera is a blast to drive, its become my daily driver lately.
    It's only temporary, it'll be for sale soon and I'll buy the 911 I really wanted I just got a great deal on this car cause it was damaged and I had to repair it, come spring it goes up for sale.
  5. brownboyz71

brownboyz71 Member

lol I wish I had your problems brother. The 911 is a blast. I still think Porsche designers are among the laziest in all of autodom, but it is absolutely one of the best all around sports cars ever created. Don't get hurt, and post lots of pics :great:
  6. best place to go wheeling in Texas is Katemcy original one is closed but the new one can be found here: www.katemcyrocks.com
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014