Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Where's my fuel filter at?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 178kchevy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. 178kchevy

178kchevy Member

My truck is a 95 K1500 ext. cab. I want to replace my filter, but I don't know where it is. I hope you don't tell me it's INSIDE the gas tank! But, if anyone knows, please let me know.

Jeff

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Should be on the frame rail under the truck. Follow the lines back from the tbi and you will find it.

3. jlh0324

jlh0324 New Member

It should be right below the drivers side door, behind the truck frame. That's where my 93 had it and my 03 has it in the same spot. Just note "out" in the filter is towards the engine.

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

it will be on the drivers side inside the frame rail, just above the t-bar kind of sob to get to not much room to swing a wrench

5. norcalbear05

norcalbear05 Rockstar

ditto on being a bitch to get to! with my meat cleavers i got busted knuckles trying to change out mine lol

6. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

It will save some blood loosening the fule line clamps so you can pull it and the lines away from the frame enough to get the linesin/out, there is -0- to and froe motion. It is easy to screw up the fittings or filter if you don't take your time.

Phil

7. norcalbear05

norcalbear05 Rockstar

Thanks ill keep that in mind next time.