1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where's the best website to run a research the 1990 trucks VIN.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JTWard, Jul 31, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member

I'm trying to dig up some of the history on my 1990 Silverado. Anyone find any particular good site to do research ? CarFax wasn't all that great. Thank you ! :great:
  2. 95C1500

95C1500 Member

You could use a vin decoder website and an rpo database website. the vin should give you the make/model/year, damage reports (may have to pay), mileage, number of owners, etc. The rpo database will tell you what options your truck came with.
  3. JTWard

JTWard Member

Great, How do I find them ? Thank you !
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Put your vin into here: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php . It used to be unlimited free usage. Now you only get a free 24 hour demo. I just printed the results and copy and pasted them into a word document for my truck so I will always have them.
  5. 95C1500

95C1500 Member

for the rpo codes, you can use the same site I believe. Maybe not. I use this one for rpo codes. http://www.rpocodes.com/ Takes forever but they are accurate. If you google "rpo decoder", you can usually find several sites that will allow you to put them all in at once.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

the site I listed gives all the rpo codes that the truck left the factory with. It does it all in one shot, so you do not have to enter them all individually.
  7. 95C1500

95C1500 Member

well there ya go. I used to use lonestarthunder (?) but they sold the domain name.