1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheres the perfect place to live??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Oct 28, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ive been thinking lately how much I hate winter time.. I dont like the cold and quite honestly sick of getting ready for it every year.. My woman and I spend lots of money and time on our flower beds and landscaping only to enjoy it for 5 months a year and then most of it dies, goes dormant, or just doesnt look good at all. Ive lived here near buffalo for my whole life and have traveled south but havent been west of the mississippi at all. I was trying to determine if I was wanting to pack up and leave where would I go?? I wondering if there is a perfect place. well this is what I would be looking for if such a place exists..

I dont want to see no snow... If I do it would be a rarety and probably only be at night and like I said RARE!!
    Cant be at risk for out of control fires...like forest fires or the devastation thats seen in California,Nevada,Texas, and even Colorado and some of the other surrounding states..
    I dont mind the heat but the humidity that makes it impossible to enjoy anything outdoors is out so the far south like Florida,Alabama, Louisiana ect. is out.
    Wouldnt want to be in high risk area for Tornadoes and Hurricanes so the east side of the carolinas is out and the states in the plains like around Kansas is out too..

Is there any place in the US that has basically no chance for natural disaster?? And is like 50-80 degrees all year long so we can enjoy landscaping and not have to get ready for cold..BBBRRRRRRRRR watch our vehicles rot away in 10 years from salt.

I dont know but if there is such a place that a 50k year job can support nicely, Im looking at a 5 to 10 year plan to move there..
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member 100 Posts

Lower AZ, Scottsdale area!
  3. the phantom

Dry heat there isn't it?? Might have to look into it. Dust storms maybe..Ha I will never have my cake and eat it too.:lol:
  4. poncho62

poncho62 Member 100 Posts

I am in the same boat, onlya bit further north in Ontario, Canada......so, I cant get much better than this as I am not allowed to move south. I have been to Arizona a few times and must agree. It is great there during the winter....I understand it gets pretty warm in the summer though.
  5. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member 100 Posts

Yeah its dry heat, but almost every house has AC and a pool. However, your garden, may be a little different from in NY. I have been both south and west and would say AZ is better.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In addition to AZ, you may want to consider So California....it can be affordable if you live inland far enough. Or, Las Vegas if you want to be near some action.
  7. Smoke Em All

Smoke Em All New Member

Texas!!! A lot of variety. Beaches, hills, desert, forest, etc etc.
  8. the phantom

So. Cal would be nice but its too much like NY Gun laws suck, taxes are high, and emissions for vehicles are the worst.
    I have considered Vegas ... Im just not sure really..

Texas...Hmmmmm I dont know.. I know the gun laws are relaxed, taxes low and economy is the one of the best in the nation right now.... Might have something there...As long as I can find a spot that my house wont burn down from wildfire..I definitely would be living 30-40 miles from any city.. small village ok though.
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You're definitely right with those points...I lived in CA for 12 years.

Vegas could be fun if you like to gamble every now and then or want to see a great show....and it'll probably still be reasonably priced a few years down the road.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

There is a reason that so many people live in socal. The weather is nice all year compared to other places and you can get to extreme heat or mountains and snow in just a few hours. Very expensive though.

Northern Arizona and New Mexico are the same. You can get snow in the winter and nice not too hot summers. Plus you can drive to snow, etc.

Dfw and South don't get much snow at all and can be brutal in the summer. Often over 100 for weeks and snow often just a couple of days per year. Far North Texas and Oklahoma get colder and an increased chance of snow every 50 miles north you keep going ... until somewhere in Kansas City or Nebraska where you always get snow.