1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheres the perfect place to live??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Smoke Em All

Smoke Em All Member

Wildfires happen way more often in Cali. But there is plenty of room in Texas where they don't happen. North Texas is nice and has a little cooler weather.
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

well as I climb to the 20 year mark in my career I would like to use my work experience to relocate myself somewhere nice in weather but it seems I will sacrifice something.. First thing is leaving some family and most all my lifelong friends behind. secondly is I dont want to move where its completely flat and brown... I need some variable terrain and green trees shrubs ect.. Anything above 40-45 degrees in winter would be exceptable but this -10 for a couple weeks in January and 2 feet of snow most of Jan-Mar. is just getting old.. At 41 years old and pretty much half way to dead I figured time to switch gears here soon and live the other half of my life where I want too.
  3. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Come to Southwest Michigan. Our snows here have been pretty mild and the summers are gorgeous. Not too hot but when it does you have Lake Michigan to cool you down.
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I live just south of the north ga mountains and love it we get amazing weather here. I just bought 420 acres in franklin county and can't wait to build my compound. Everywhere you live will have a disaster of some sort that can come threw. I've been in earthquakes in 4 countries and lost my college house to the tornado in Tuscaloosa. Just find somewhere u love and go don't worry bout natural disasters. You can't stop them
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a friend that moved from SE Michigan to Scottsdale, AZ a few years ago. He loves it. Although he says "Dry heat, my a$$" It is freaking hot. He also said that it is very expensive to live there. SE Michigan is not bad, it can get hot, we had a week of about 95 degrees this summer. The snow has been pretty mild the last few years. Heck, I don't know if we ever got more than 5" in one snow fall (I think that 5" happened one time last year) All the others were an inch here an inch there . I think that we had a total of 31". Which was like 15-20" less than normal. I actually prefer more snow, if it is going to be 15 degrees outside then it should be snowing also!
  6. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Hawaii has beautiful weather all year long.
  7. the phantom

Michigan is out for me..Ive been there for safety meetings from the previous co. I worked for and Definitely may be headed to Silver Lake Dunes next year with my Honda 250R. I know you said mild winter but I want NOOO winter.lol If im relocating Im going where its warm. Ive worked outside all winter long for the last 20 years and also Im sick of salt eating my vehicles away.. My 10 year old Escalade is just shot from salt.. I dont mind the heat as much as humidity.. It gets in the low 90's here for a week or 2 in summer and I love it. I mean its nice to get into the ac but I have no problem working in it. Now would I want it for months on end?. no not really but I would take it over winter any day. I had snowmobiles and its really not entertainment to me to just snowmobile bar to bar which most of my buddies do and also at night and im just a deer target on machines at night..LOL Hit 2 on my rocket.. Not into skiing although I do know how and did ski as I grew up (And even can get in for free whenever I want since my stepfather is a manager at a ski resort)
    Hate shoveling my porch and sidewalk off after working in it all day and have to come home from work get in the truck and plow... Oh yeah cant forget getting 10-12 cord of firewood cut split deliver to my house in my dump truck, dump it, stack it. Clean the chimney out uugghhhh the list goes on..... JUST SICK OF IT!!!! OOOPPPSSS sorry for the venting guys:grrrrrr::sign0023::lol:
  8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Southeast is your best bet IMHO
  9. the phantom

I was in GA last year like 2nd week in November and the weather was nice there. unfortunately we were only there 2 days to pack up my girlfriends dads ashes and pack up what we could and tow his car back to NY. Wasnt all that pleasant of an experience.. Maybe western South Carolina is close to what Im looking for. I would have to do some job research and see what my experience would bring me in for income..
  10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Agreed here, IMO it has to be NC, TN, or SC, but second thought so many Northerners migrate down south you should just stay up there :lol: