Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheres the perfect place to live??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Jrod89

Jrod89 New Member

I live in South Georgia and I agree South Carolina has got to be one of the most perfect places to live. Check out Greenville. A beautiful little city that's an up and coming place. I used to work for a company headquartered there.
  2. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

Well I'm 62 and I live just south of Philadelphia. Here we're pretty lucky as we get maybe anywhere from5 to 15 inches of snow in a winter, sometime a little more, sometimes a little less., but very rarely see a blizzard, but it does get cold. We get a lot of protection from the mountains just west of here, not many weather system can climb over them so our worst fear is "Northeasters" Now if you don't mine this weather, Delaware is a good #1 for retirees, no income or sales taxes. But I'm going to finish this house and then hopefully when I turn 65, I'm heading to South Carolina, slightly inland and to a safe area. Georgia is another great place that accepts "Yankees". In both states the weather gets cool to cold, but nothing crazy. Ice storms hammer both states on and off during winter, but if your retired like myself, you stay home till it all passes. And of course, snow is a rarity. I too love to work with my garden and working around the house. I was drafted in 1969, but got into the navy and was stationed in Charleston, SC and in the 10 months there the people stole my heart. Where ever I went folks treated me with respect and just plain ol friendliness. great place and wonderful people, can't beat that !
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Southern Oregon isnt bad, mild winters with little or no snow near the coast, decent cost of living, plenty of outdoor activities to do, no hurricaines or tornado's (far enough north you wont even see a Sharknado).
    Politics and local laws seem to be ok.
    Summers are mild.

Someone else posted about Texas, in north Texas most gardens die in winter, just cold enough to kill plants, summer everything gets roasted by the heat.
    This is another oddball year where we'll be able to enjoy the boat late in the fall, mid 70's for Halloween.
    Keep in mind where your at you actually have a few different seasons. Many places in the south thers summer and with no prelude to it you wake up one morning and its cold for a few months. Igrew up with 4 seasons and its one thing I miss in Texas.
  4. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Member 1 Year

According to me guys,,,my 1st choice is Sydney, the winter weather is nice all year compared to other seasons and as compared to other places and you can get to extreme snow on the mountains and snow in just a enjoy the snow fall. Very expensive though in these days any anybody loves to enjoy that season or weather.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Haha that's funny. Yea I'm young but I've seen it change over the years down here
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah. I've been in North Texas since 1999 and these last 2 years (maybe 30 months) have been crazy.
  7. Dueck

Dueck Member

Sounds like you need to cross half the Pacific and get a condo on the beach in Hawaii. The only difference between summer and winter is wind direction. If you want to stay is the US, that's the place to go.
  8. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

The more days I have to take off from work (costing me money) because of the weather (-8F today) the more I think about that perfect place to live.. I dont like working in the cold but right now I will do it. Boss makes us take off if its going to be like 5 degress or less. Ive worked in -20F and its not pleasant at all. But if you dress for it things can get done. So where is it warm right now where this polar vortex thing I think their calling it is not having an effect?
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The "perfect plac to live" is a very vague term. Trying to determine the perfect place to live has a lot of variables: weather/climate, cost of living, population density, traffic, etc. Then each person will have their preference for each one of those factors. The perfect place to live is very much a YMMV topic.
  10. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Just listen to "Where the green grass grows" by Tim McGraw