Which bumper?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Burden33, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

Hey guys looking at upgrading my front a rear bumpers to the road armor or fab four bumper. Just wondering what one you guys had and liked.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

They both make some Sweet bumpers.. Are you going to get the one with a spot for lights and a wench?
  3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member

Which one makes a spot for a wench? That bumper just moved way up on my priority list!! I'm not sure the wife will be as excited, but it's certainly a unique mod.

Gotta give you a hard time Enkei.

As for the bumpers, I've yet to have experience with either but I'm found both to be fairly similarly reviewed. I'm currently having the same internal debate on which to get and I think it'll probably just come down to which I like the look of better, though even that is a pretty close call.
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

Lots of guys around here have road armour. I've seen one fab four on a 1500 and that's the bumper for me
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

ya ill be getting a wench and i will be putting 4 piaa lights in the bumper when i get it. Jeremy they both have a spot that will hold a wench and they also make a tow hitch adapter for the front so you can switch it between the front and rear bumpers they make instead of the having it mounted to the front. here are the two styles im looking at from road armor and the bumper will be colored match.
    DSC_1789.jpg chevy_2008-2010_2500_3500_34.jpg
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

neat looking bumpers. i dig the bottom truck, but that top one looks like crap! IMO

Alex
  7. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

ya the truck up toop do look like crap but im more wondering which style bumper to go with the stealth look of the top one or the pre runner look
  8. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

9. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

im likeing the flog bumper but the only problem with that is it needs to mount a wench into it
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Who doesn't like mounting wenches? LOL!

If you live in an urban or suburban environment here's some food for thought: If your fairlead is visible you are advertising the presence of your winch ... and you shouldn't be surprised if you find some bored teenagers have spooled out your cable and attached it to something in the middle of the night ... for kicks.

Now you know why I chose a hidden kit and had my fairlead cover smoothed and paint-matched. Then again, BC/DR scenarios are key to how I think for business reasons, so I stopped to consider what could happen ... and how bad it'd be if I failed to notice it. :)
  11. osgprometheus

osgprometheus New Member

Be careful with the Road Armour bumper company.I know someone that had a problem, and also I have been reading more reviews about them. Quite a lot of people have had problems about shelling out a bunch of cash for the bumpers, and never getting them. THEN having to CLAW AND FIGHT to get their money back and STILL not get the bumper. Be careful.
  12. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

13. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

I'm liking the bottom truck (the F-15s add a nice touch). But one day I might do like Surreal and throw a hidden winch on my truck...that is if I can get rid of these elctrical demons :grrrrrr:.
  14. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

15. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

Hopefully warn will come out with a hidde winch for the nnbs before I decide to get a fab four. To me it's the best, it comes with Hellas and is around the same price as most
  16. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

17. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

I like the look of Surreal's truck. Even in person you can't tell that he has one mounted. As for the two you have pictured I like the second one. Although I am not sure I don't like the first one because of the truck or if I don't like the bumper. The truck looks like it drove through an Advances Auto with a crap magnet and mounted all the crap they have in the store. Another company you may want to look into to is TrailReady. I have used on of their bumpers in the past. The only complaint I have with the one I owned was with the paint/powder coating. If you look in my album you will see the one I owned.
  18. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Ok Ok So my spelling Sucks....

Anyway here are some other bumpers to look at..

Go Industries , Buckstop Truckware , Go Rhino , Hope this helps..
  19. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

I think the stealth look on the truck on top is pretty bada**, but that is one of those beauty is in the eye of the beholder things. Whatever you decide post some pics. You know how we are are pics. can't get enough.
  20. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member

O man I really like that second road armor one alot!!