1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which coolant and why?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I wouldn't consider it a bad thing to have a wife capable of doing engine work. Havign one adventurous enough to try it would be a boon, too!
  2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Oh... I learned really quick that if my wife asks me to do something and I don't get it done fast enough, she will take it on herself whether or not she has any idea what she is doing! Nothing like waking up at 5:30 on a Sunday morning to the sound of a Skil saw running in the next room...
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Funny! :rofl:
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

"Sluggish Acceleration Mostly"

That's what I got out of her. And you're right about being overseas. If it were in Phoenix, I'd just have my best friend do it. If it were in California, I'd have my dad do it. If it were around NC, I'd bribe Surreal to do it. Having lived in WA for only a few years I've not yet developed the trusting relationship with a local mechanic. Fortunately, my dealership does quality work. Unfortunately, it's still a dealership and charges dealership prices. Fun times.
  5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You could also bribe Moog to do it! ;)
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My truck is at 144,000 miles and I am still using the original Dex-Cool that came in it. I'll stick with Dex-Cool as I have heard the horror stories of people completely switching or mixing and having engine failures. At 150,000 miles, I will absolutely be doing a complete flush and refill.
  7. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 Member

whatever coolant u use make sure there the same color