1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which exhaust setup should I do?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by AirForceChevyMan, Feb 7, 2011.

1. AirForceChevyMan

AirForceChevyMan New Member

I have a 07 (NB) Silverado and I am wanting to put an exhaust on it. I don't plan on doing any other performance mods on it. Should I do a bolt on setup (MBRP) or should I just go to a local muffler shop and do a muffler swap (Magnaflow) and tip?
  2. ChevyHD

ChevyHD Rockstar 100 Posts

Is money a factor?
  3. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

ya man figure out a price range and go on youtube and look some up find what you like... i think the borla catback sounds sick for just under $900
  4. ChevyHD

Ya because i just went to a local exhaust shop and got cat back 3 inch with tips and love it plus it only cost $300
  5. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have an MBRP on my truck and I really like the sound, so you can't go wrong with that exhaust.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

MBRP and Magnaflow both nice kits.
  7. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I can tell you, on newer computerized engines..its not that easy anymore, every custom exhaust takes away tourge and some power but sounds nicer. Unless its designed for your aplication by REAL companys like Magnaflow and such...just a heads up.
    Now on a diesel it does not matter tho...
  8. ChevyHD

that is true, a system helps with keep backpressure and sound good. Backpressure helps you to not lose torque.
  9. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Its more about the pipe size, if you leave the factory size pipe and just swap for a muffler you want then it will be fine. Its when you go from a single to a dual and the dual pipes are too big of diameter that you will get problems. Generally 2.5" is the biggest diameter you want if you go a full dual exhaust. I hated my magnaflow, it rotted in under 2 years and had horrible highway drone, i switched to a flo-pro and am much happier on sound and performance.
  10. AirForceChevyMan

AirForceChevyMan New Member

Thanks for the info guys. Money is somewhat of a factor, I dont want to spend a ton of money on an exhaust setup. I would like to stay around $400. Thats why I was looking at MBRP.(plus I like the sound) I can go to a local muffler shop and do a Magnaflow Muffler swap and tip for around $180, but I do like the bolt on setup a little better.