1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which fuse??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Soundman999, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Soundman999

Soundman999 New Member

I removed my rear dome light to install an overhead DVD player. I accidentally shorted out one of the origional wires (orange one - constant 12v)
    Now my the front dome light won't work except when I open the doors and cargo light won't work either (brake light OK)... I cannot figure out which fuse it is.(it must be a fuse?!?!?!)
    I called GMC service, but all that they would say was to bring it in and they would check it out! not acceptable at this point!

Please help!

Paul
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Need to know year.

Unless you have an owners manual, then check that.

If you don’t get back to us.
  3. Soundman999

Soundman999 New Member

Sorry, I thought that I did!
    2007 GMC 2500HD SLT Crew Standard Bed
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Underhood fuse panel

Check the underhood fuse panel. This is the diagram for my 06 2500HD
    The fuse marked INTPARK just below the IGN B relay on the right side.
    This was described as "interior lights" fuse in the owners manual.
    [​IMG]
  5. Soundman999

Soundman999 New Member

Thanks, I thought that I checked that one... I'll check again when I get home!
    It's funny, the dome lights work when i open the door, but not when I press the button??!?
  6. robotic_t

robotic_t New Member

Possibly the switch on the dash took all the current and burnt out the switch as well as taking out the fuse you may want to check the input output of the dash switch to make sure that it is still getting 12v and supplying it when turned on