1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

which head unit to buy

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Burden33, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey guy im going to be getting a new deck now as soon as i get my tires order im also looking at adding subs aswell. i came across a new deck called appradio and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it and will it be able to run an amp and subwoofers or should i go with the jvs deck im looking at.

Here are the links to the two decks

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio (SPH-DA01)?sel=products

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028781&pathId=133&page=3
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I say pioneer! That app radio is sick! I haven't seen that yet! I've always had good luck with pioneer.
  3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

im really liking the app radio my only thing is when i goes and runs all new speakers and subs will it be able to hook up to it .
  4. ntbush83

It should have plenty of rca outputs just like any other aftermarket radio right?
  5. lquattro04

lquattro04 Rockstar

damn that app radio is awesome... Ive never heard about it until now lol. If you look at the specs on it, it says theres a set of RCA outputs so you can wire it up to the sub. It only said it has one set so if you were trying to amp your speakers I dont think that youd be able to, but it doesnt really matter because it said the head unit has a built in 50w4 amp so the clarity and power to the speakers should be more than enough. Id def go with that one, let us know how it is if you get it! Im very interested.... about to sell the alpine that I have now lol.
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The AppRadio looks pretty cool, but I see one caveat. Without the iphone, it's nothing but a radio. GPS, and all the other apps rely on the iphone or ipod touch to work, so if you forget your phone or don't feel like plugging it in, all you get to do is listen to the FM radio.
  7. ntbush83

Thats a goodpoint crawdaddy. Guess that means I'd have to go buy an iPhone! :lol: