1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

which is your favorite suspesion lift??????

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Tj07classic, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Tj07classic

Tj07classic New Member

Im looking into a lift for my 07classic gmc 1500. i have 34"x11x20 tires an need/want a 6" lift.
    what i would like to know is which one or ones are you'lls favorite. maybe pros and cons. price is around 1200-1500.
    all info is welcomed thanks
  2. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

for that price you best beat will be the 5" or 7.5" liuft from rough country. Pros are best bang for your buck. imo i would go with fabtech or bds but ive had both of those lifts and i swear by them
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ive got a procomp 6" lift on my truck and I think it handles awesome. Almost rides as well as my cadillac escalade ext. I had a skyjacker in an earlier full size blazer and was not impressed with that. Im not familiar with the others so just giving my 2cents.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm very happy with my Fabtech 6" lift. I read very good things about BDS and Pro Comp lifts, too.
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've done a fair bit of research on this across many forums and best bang for your buck seems to be BDS and Fabtech with Pro Comp and Skyjacker coming in shortly after. Often, may of the complains I've read with any seem to be the shocks that came with the lift which was easily fixed with some better shocks (i.e.Bilstein 5100s or something else). I've not read a lot of negative about the rough country lifts, but I commonly hear if you're on a tighter budget, you can get theirs and be fine. Don't go for tough country.

Sadly, I don't have experience with them since I haven't lifted my truck yet, but like I said, I've been searching around a lot to make sure I get exactly what I'm looking for.

Another thing to keep in mind is what you'll be using it for. If it won't be offroad much, then any of the above should be just fine for you. If you're planning to be offroad, you might want to save up just a bit more and make sure you get the best one you can for your money.

Lastly, if you're sold on 6" (as I am) the above hopefully helps. If you're interesting in looking at 4" you can look at SST and Readylift as well. I've read decent things and you could save a bit of money. You should still be able to clear 34s with the 4" without a problem. At worst you might need some minor trimming. This would depend on your wheels, offset, etc..

Hope this helps.
  6. SurrealOne

With 20" wheels I hope he's not planning to off-road a whole lot, as the larger the diameter of the wheel the lower the profile of the tire ... leaving less tire wall to protect your wheel investment should there be a puncture. I don't know that I'd want to air down a set of 20's, either. :)
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have 20s. I have a solution though. I'll get a stupid big lift and put some 46" super swampers on. Sure, my center of gravity won't be ideal, but my sidewall will be good.

I'm just kidding, yes, you're right. I'm planning to get 18s for my offroad set. I'd get smaller, but I'm planning on upgraded brakes and the ones I'm looking at have a minimum wheel of 18, so that's my limit.
  8. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My favotite lift is a Solid Axle Swap. :gasp: But untill that is done, a rough country leveling kit and 33x12.50x 17 are going in.
  9. SurrealOne

Most (all?) big brake kits for our trucks require at least 18's. :)
  10. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

Thats why they invented 20's and 22's :D:D:D:D