Which leveling kit should I get?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Chad513, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Chad513

Chad513 Rockstar 100 Posts

The title says it all. I'm stuck between Skyjacker and Ready Lift. The skyjacker is like 130 and the ready lift is like 230. I don't get the 100 dollar difference for the same thing. 2 polyurethane coil spacers. They are both 2". I have seen others on the Internet for around 75-80 bucks too so I don't get the price difference. I think its just because of the name brand but that's why I'm asking you. Please help!
    Thanks
    -Chad

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'd go with the Skyjacker. Some of those cheap spacer kits split and crack.

3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Aint the readylift 2.25 i always been a fan of readylift but i got friends who ran tge skyjAcker and it is still holding up now

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The ReadyLift is not poly.

5. Burden33

ajarman is right its actually mad of aluminum

6. Fonze

Fonze Member

I would like to know a prefered leveling kit as well. It never really bothered me until I got on these forums, read about leveling kits and realized that my truck looks ridiculous with the front sag :frown:.

Now I must have one!! :he:

EDIT:
    Would doing something like this void my warrenty??

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I never had an issue with the dealership not covering something under warranty while I was running my level kit. I chose to pay the extra money and get the ReadyLift. Still do not regret the money I spent on it. Just my $0.02

8. Burden33

check with your dealership to make sure they got not problems with it my dealership covered everything when i had my leveling kit and they also covered everything when i installed my lift kit when it went in for warranty work

9. Chad513

Chad513 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the 07 classic. They are poly. I have shocks and springs, not struts.

10. Gregsyellorado

Gregsyellorado Rockstar

Have the Rough Country, it is poly, but I have not had any problems yet, and a guy I work with has had the same kit for over a year, with no problems, kit was $65.00 locally at a off-road shop, install took about 1 1/2 hours, and to get front end aligned cost $90.00.