which leveling kit?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by adampaul1964, Feb 10, 2009.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

After checking out all the different kits I'm wondering which is the best as far as quality? I believe in "you get what you pay for" but is there really a difference in all the torsion key systems

2. anramsey

anramsey New Member

I got a daystar 2" leveling kit on the way, I'll let ya know what my opinions are once it gets here.

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a 2 inch daystar leveling kit 140.00 from suspenison connection.com
    All it is, is a 2 inch circular piece of polyurthane .. you have variances in price when you look at diffrent brands..

4. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

I think he's looking for a kit for a 4WD. But I would think they would all pretty much be the same. I know the maxx2 is a little different because you can adjust the inner piece so that the height difference is to your liking, you can choose different heights than 2"

5. The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra New Member

It kinda depends on what vehicle he drives, the GMT900's all have coil over front ends and i have hear all good about the Rough Country leveling kit and if it has torsion bars, i would just crank the stock keys but some prefer the keys.

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My biggest concern was the large price differences between the various kits (up to $100!) I like the idea & look of the maxx 2 system maybe i'll go with that.
    thanks!

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am a believer in "you get what you pay for" as well. Check THIS SITE out.

8. gocubs68

gocubs68 Member

does anyone have experience with the Maxx keys? I am considering these but I don't want to sacrifice my ride quality. their site says after installing these keys you should still have factory ride quality, but I was wondering if anyone had real world experience.

9. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

I installed a set of skyjackers on a truck (04 1500HD 4wd) today. He had turned the keys and it rode like crap. We installed the key kit and it rode so much better! Sat higher, rode better, and cost him $160. He was a happy camper when he drove off.

10. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

What have people been using for the tool to remove the torsion keys? I don't have any pullers and don't feel like spending $90 on a tool I am going to use once. Can you rent them from anywhere?