1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which Metra kit do i Need for an 2007 Trailblazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by jakerainy, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jakerainy

jakerainy New Member

I checked Metraonline.com but i didn't see any which support Double-din. Can you not put a Double Din aftermarket Headunit in a 2007 trailblazer?

***I did a little research but on a unreliable website and found that the GM1590AB is the correct dash kit for an aftermarket double din install in a 2007 trailblazer... is this correct?
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. dizzog

dizzog New Member

Hey jakerainy,

Yes you can put a double din in an 07 trailblazer. I have an 08 which is pretty much the same and have installed a double din system. Fits perfectly although I did have to do a bit of modification where the stock radio mounts. Turns out the stock system jogs in at the back of the unit where it's likely that a new system will have a straight back on it. I just cut a ledge into the support so that it now acts as a shelf for my new system.

I used the Metra 99-2003 multi kit. You have to trim the cross bar out (which is normal) but it works. Finished product looks great!

A little late but I hope this helps!