Which Metra kit do i Need for an 2007 Trailblazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by jakerainy, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jakerainy

jakerainy New Member

I checked Metraonline.com but i didn't see any which support Double-din. Can you not put a Double Din aftermarket Headunit in a 2007 trailblazer?

***I did a little research but on a unreliable website and found that the GM1590AB is the correct dash kit for an aftermarket double din install in a 2007 trailblazer... is this correct?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. dizzog

dizzog New Member

Hey jakerainy,

Yes you can put a double din in an 07 trailblazer. I have an 08 which is pretty much the same and have installed a double din system. Fits perfectly although I did have to do a bit of modification where the stock radio mounts. Turns out the stock system jogs in at the back of the unit where it's likely that a new system will have a straight back on it. I just cut a ledge into the support so that it now acts as a shelf for my new system.

I used the Metra 99-2003 multi kit. You have to trim the cross bar out (which is normal) but it works. Finished product looks great!

A little late but I hope this helps!