1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

which mod is good for me

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by myredneckchevy, Sep 7, 2008.

1. myredneckchevy

myredneckchevy New Member

ok i am stuck for parts and i need help. 1993 chevy cheynne 1/2 ton 2wd 305 5.0L and i want some beef under the hood so the question is what is the best way to go:

*stay with the TBI and put perfomance/torque edel intake mani.,spacer plate,and performance air intake.

*go for edel performance/torque intake manifold and carb (4 barrel)
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the site. :great:
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! As a pre-Vortec TBI owner myself, I had good luck with a throttle-body spacer, performance chip, aftermarket exhaust, and a performance chip. A better breathing air cleaner/filter would help as well. Currently I just turned the lid of my air cleaner upside down and it really does make a difference in performance!
  4. 20002wdchevy

20002wdchevy New Member

Unless you plan to make this a weekend toy, I would stay with the TBI. BIg gains can be had from the "ultimate TBI mods" bassically porting and polishing the tb. also the spacers have shown proven results. Longtube headers and a free flowing exhast will help tons, as will a better intake. once you get your bolton's have your truck tuned and you want regret it. if after all these things you still want more, look into a motor build. is it a stick or an auto? if its an auto a shift kit will help to beef it up and shave some tenths off your 1/4. a mild stall and rear end regear will also help things along.

Clint
  5. myredneckchevy

myredneckchevy New Member

i have a auto which kinda sucks i really wanted a stick shift for the truck but w/e. unfortunatly i cant put duals on because of the gas tank placement and the fact of me being cheap and not going straight to the back of the truckbut i am looking for ideas for putting into my truck next year ideas