1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which programmer seems to be the best

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 06 Greystone, Apr 27, 2009.

1. 06 Greystone

06 Greystone New Member

I am looking at getting a programmer and was wondering which one seems to work the best. I had a cutom tune done on my 03 Avalanche but on my 06 Silverado with the 5.3 I am concerned about big altitude changes with camper pulling. I think a hand held work work better for my application. Any help would be great.
  2. ryan380

ryan380 New Member

I've got the Bully Dog Power Pup chip on mine. I like that when I'm going to be pulling the fourwheelers and trailer for the weekend I can switch it to towing that gives me better mileage and better transmission shifting and when back to daily driving I can switch it back to performance. Plus Bully Dog lets you download updates off their site.
  3. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 New Member

Everyone on the forums seems to Like hypertech and diablo sport for gas apps. A guy on here got a superchip and said it did nothing so I would stay away from those.
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member ROTM Winner

I am the guy who bought the pos superchip it did something make my truck run worse than it did stock. I bought a wait4meperformance sct tuner and jess can make it do anything you want him to he is great and it is about the same price as the non custom tuners and you get 3 custom tunes unlike the diablo that gives you 1 if you want info on it pm me and ill get you the info.
  5. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

yes super chips suck!
    i went with diablo, and i really like it
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have Diablo Preditor with the 87 octane tune that I modified myself (anyone can do it) and it will SMOKE my 35inch tires.
  7. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member ROTM Winner

I have Hypertech's HyperPAC. I like it b/c it has a built in dyno and monitors/displays different pieces of info on the fly...that and it's touch screen. It only boasts about a 15 HP gain, but keeping me abreast of whats going on in the engine/trans is worth it. They also just dropped the price from $999 to $499, which is a bonus.

I have had an issue with it not flashing the ECM....my ABS light is still on after a regear and my speedo is still off. I guess I'm just gonna have to try a couple more times once I get home from Iraq.
  8. Brews

Brews New Member

Hey man shoot me a PM, I have some questions about your truck, but don't have enough post's to send you a PM.
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I also have the Hypertech Hyperpac on my truck, but I don't use any of the performance stuff on it so I couldn't say for that aspect. But I seriously doubt that you can find another product as universal as that unit, I guess you would have to own one to understand but they are bad a*@!!!!!!!!!!:party:

Got mine at Summit Racing Truckfest for $450 because they had 10% off, if anything it is an awesome toy to have in the truck.
  10. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member ROTM Winner

Wait a minute...you program with another hand held and then use the PAC just to monitor? Can you do that?

If that is the case...Diablo here I come!!!