1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

which rear brakes for my truck?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by navyeoseabee, Jan 1, 2009.

1. navyeoseabee

navyeoseabee New Member

okay, i have gone to napa & the local auto zone, an got different ideas. i just want to rplace the rear brakes with oem ones, and the problem is just this:

i tell them rear brakes, 2003 chevy 1500 and they ask is it standard cab or 4 door.... my truck is extended cab which has 4 doors but not the FULL 4 doors...?... auto zone says they are the same as disc brakes as the 4 full door models, while napa says they would be the standard cab rotors.... i just don't want to be be in the middle of the brake job and worry about getting to the parts store and if they have the right ones.

thanks arick
  2. black jack

black jack New Member 100 Posts

i put the greenies on my wife's mini van and gotta say they are really good brake pads noticed a big diff. in stopping and no brake dust. alittle on the expensive side but worth the money.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

if its possible maybe bring the old rotor to napa to compare?
  4. bbk28

bbk28 New Member

take the old rotors to napa or whereevery and compare before u buy. that what i had to do for my 1999 silverado extened cab