Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Which Rear Lift Blocks for '09 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ride250s, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ride250s

ride250s New Member

I Bought the Bilstein 5100 Series Adjustible front shocks my 09 Silverado. I also bought the rear 5100 Series shocks that will provide for an extra inch of rear lift.

My question is, which lift block should I buy that will only raise the rear of my truck 1 inch? Is there one? Most I find are going to lift my truck 1.75 inch from where it is now. If I lift the rear more than an inch will it harm my rear shocks?

-Thanks!

2. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

I believe that Ready Lift makes a 3" block that replaces your stock 2" block giving your truck a total lift of 1".

3. ride250s

ride250s New Member

I thought the stock block was a little over 1 inch. I guess I will just have to measure for my self.

Thanks for the feed back!

4. betts687

betts687 Member

the stock block is 2" ... i have measured it

5. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think it would be better to run a longer shackle rather than get a bigger block. the added height can create all sort of problems.

6. ride250s

ride250s New Member

"Fits 1999-2010 classic and new body style 6-lug model GM trucks. New models with OEM 1.25" blocks will want to take advantage of the additional 1.75" of lift for towing and hauling, particularly when using a front leveling kit. 1999-2006 4wd trucks will replace the factory 2" block for 1" of additional lift. Eliminates the dangers of having to stack blocks which can be illegal in some states."

I copied that directly from ReadyLift.

So My Block in my '09 Silverado is 1.25''. So, if I get this lift block will the extra 1.75'' of lift hurt my shock designed for only 1'' of additional lift?

7. ride250s

ride250s New Member

Ok, so I sort of got an answer. I called Readylift and they are coming out with a 2.25" Block for newer Chevy trucks in April! This will account for exactly 1 inch of rear lift!

Now I just have to wait!