Which Rear Lift Blocks for '09 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ride250s, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ride250s

ride250s New Member

I Bought the Bilstein 5100 Series Adjustible front shocks my 09 Silverado. I also bought the rear 5100 Series shocks that will provide for an extra inch of rear lift.

My question is, which lift block should I buy that will only raise the rear of my truck 1 inch? Is there one? Most I find are going to lift my truck 1.75 inch from where it is now. If I lift the rear more than an inch will it harm my rear shocks?

-Thanks!

2. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

I believe that Ready Lift makes a 3" block that replaces your stock 2" block giving your truck a total lift of 1".

3. ride250s

ride250s New Member

I thought the stock block was a little over 1 inch. I guess I will just have to measure for my self.

Thanks for the feed back!

4. betts687

betts687 Member

the stock block is 2" ... i have measured it

5. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think it would be better to run a longer shackle rather than get a bigger block. the added height can create all sort of problems.

6. ride250s

ride250s New Member

"Fits 1999-2010 classic and new body style 6-lug model GM trucks. New models with OEM 1.25" blocks will want to take advantage of the additional 1.75" of lift for towing and hauling, particularly when using a front leveling kit. 1999-2006 4wd trucks will replace the factory 2" block for 1" of additional lift. Eliminates the dangers of having to stack blocks which can be illegal in some states."

I copied that directly from ReadyLift.

So My Block in my '09 Silverado is 1.25''. So, if I get this lift block will the extra 1.75'' of lift hurt my shock designed for only 1'' of additional lift?

7. ride250s

ride250s New Member

Ok, so I sort of got an answer. I called Readylift and they are coming out with a 2.25" Block for newer Chevy trucks in April! This will account for exactly 1 inch of rear lift!

Now I just have to wait!