1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which roadside emergencies can you handle without a tow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Jamm3r, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have my small tool kit with screw drivers rachets and a small diagnostic plug in. also a pipe the has to uses a pull bar or a beatin stick.Along with 5 qt of oil,tranny fluid a thing of power steering fluid. For tires I have a bottle jack, 2 jack stands, wheel chalks,plug kit.Little things like gloves, fuses, some electrical supply's. have 3 tow straps,2 snatch blocks and a come along. Jumper cables and a jump starter.if I can't fix it I got a starter log and a sleeping back. There usually always fresh chopped wood n my truck

eventually will have an OBA kit and then I should never get stranded
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I keep a basic socket tool kit.(a metrinch set) A funnel, quart of oil, quart of trans fluid, gloves, a few multitools, and a bar of soap. The soap will seal a small gas tank leak quickly. I have used the soap on other peoples trucks often. I am kinda know for being a flashlight hoarder, so there is at least one flashlight in every door pocket or counsel. I am capable of changing a water pump or alternator if necessary on the side of the road. A few sockets is all that is really needed for that. I have no issue removing the belt with a socket and a ratchet. I could probably change a fuel pump on the road, but it would suck! I used to carry a few MRE's just in case. I would love to have a complete bugout bag like @SurrealOne
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012