1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which spray liner should I go with ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jrlawre80, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Warped5

Warped5 New Member

I got Rhino Liner a week ago based on my buddy's experience. He had minor damage repaired under warranty. A 'newer' product formula was used for the repair .. the stuff is flat-out bulletproof! Cost on mine wasn't too bad either .. $425.
  2. conroe

conroe New Member

My spray in bed liner is getting chips, and it does not look good. Can a new liner be sprayed over the old liner? Or is there a way to remove the sprayed in bed liner
  3. Warped5

Warped5 New Member

I don't know if they remove the old liner, but whatever is done is covered under warranty. When I was shopping, if there was no lifetime warranty, I dropped them from consideration no matter what the price was.
  4. Scratch

Scratch New Member

LINE-X Premium
    Unlike Rhino, LINE-X Premium holds its color and gloss. Also, LINE-X is WAY stronger than Rhino. Specifically, LINE-X has a 31% higher tear stength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance. (I have the products' technical data sheets.)
  5. I had a Rhino Liner in my 2003 Silverado, I abused the crap out of it using it for work and never had a single tear, or any problem.

When it comes to Line X I haven't heard anything but good reviews either. I think that you will be happy with either one you choose, but the Rhino Liner is the only one I can recomend from experience.
  6. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts

Think I'll be going with the line-x, but do you know how much it would be to color match?
  7. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

they got some on ebay at a good price we sprayed a 84 with it its held up real nice.im fixin to paint my 67 with it green and black.let try to scrath that in a parking lot.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I did a lot of research before I did my 02 in 2003. I got samples from rhino and line-X. I was a bricklayer at the time and used a lot of chemicals like Xylene. I put the samples in a bucket of xylene for 4 days. When I scooped the samples out I found that the Line-x was still perfect, The rhino had become goop. I went with the line-x. If i spill a bucket of xylene on the rhino, I would not have a liner for long. It has been almost 10 years and it is still in great shape. I load it with brick and block all the time. One thing that I found out when doing my research was the rhino is sprayed in cold, while line-x is sprayed in hot. Line-X can be sprayed in thicker without dripping or running. Line-X has a lot finer finish compared to the rhino that my brother bought. (His has peeled multiple times in 8 years). It seems as if line x is a lot harder finish. I helped my brother unload a yard of dirt from his bed and my shovel kept getting jammed in the rhino, and I peeled a spot back. (with a flat shovel). Has never happened with the line x. Only thing about line x is you have to be careful loading furniture with wooden legs, you can actually grind the bottom off the legs sliding the furniture in and out.
  9. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

I just might get that and do some areas that get beat, before I do the bed. Does it leave roller marks, is it thick enough or do you have to do more coats.
  10. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

thats what we bought off ebay was line x we shot the whole truck.about six months ago still looks the same as the day we sprayed it.soon as i get the body work on the 67 done i am going to shoot it to.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

line x sprays on with a gun.