Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Which Step Rails to Buy and Where to Buy Them??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by texasmuser, Jan 12, 2009.

1. texasmuser

texasmuser New Member

Hi all and thanks for the welcome into the group . . .

Just bought a new '08 Silverado WT (Work Truck) regular cab, with auto., air, and nothing else . . . This truck sits higher than my '97 Ford F-150, just high enough that my wife has somewhat of a "challenging" time getting in it. She think those step rails would be a good idea.

Looks like there's alot of possibilities out there . . . any recommendations in terms of which ones offer the best bang for the buck and a best-price source? I'll thinking not the black ones; either stainless or chrome, and my initial thought was the kind that have the black (rubber?) strips all the way from front to back, instead the kind that have "pads".

I've always been the type that doesn't want to pay a nickel more than I have to, so cost is really a major consideration. Any/all suggestions/opinions/advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. 1slols1

1slols1 Rockstar

that is actually a good question, i am in the market for some bars also, so i will be watching this post to see what the guys have to say

3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

It all depends on the look you want. Do you want chrome or black step bars? Also it matters on the style you like. Give me a lil info and I'll and everyone else can help you out more.

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

JCWhitney has some good stuff that is very reasonably priced, I got my brush guard from them for 120 with shipping, black powder coated, and has saved me a lot of damage from other peoples stupidity

5. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

Just got mine installed. I orderd them from truckchamps.com pretty cheap and free shipping.

6. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my truck came with Tech Tubes instaled, I took em off but they were a good product and looked good, just not on my truck.

7. GM_lover

GM_lover New Member

i kno of a website that has a lot of OEM silverado parts. not sure if they have exactly what you are looking for because i havent been on there in a while but i say to go check it out any ways. hope this helps!

Silverado Parts
    Chevy Truck Parts