Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which tire wheel combo? Best way to de-badge?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by crazyhats5, Jan 19, 2010.

1. crazyhats5

crazyhats5 New Member

I have an 08' crew cab. I have a ready lift 2.5" front leveling kit that is not installed yet. I want to run 18" with 33/12.5's on a m/t tire. I would like some help or pics! I will be getting chrome wheels as thats the selling point for the wife.He he. I dont know what kind of offset or backspacing to look for. My other question is I want to de-mold and de-badge my truck. What is the best way to take them off? I also have had the truck for 2 years and I'am kinda worried if the will leave outlines with the badges removed? The truck had the protective sealant from the dealer...I know waste of money.I will wax and buff the truck after I he remove the badges. Any help with these two projects would be great!! My truck is the blue granite color. Thanks "The New Guy"
  2. STINSAN3

STINSAN3 New Member

I assume you're talking about my front bowtie. I took a heat gun (hair dryer will work as well) and heated it up, used a small metal pick tool to get in behind the gold emblem and it will eventually pull off. Heat up the glue and the silver stuff underneath of it, pull it off, and clean it up.
  3. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

3M adhesive removal spray and some fishing line will debadge great.
  4. 1S1K

1S1K Rockstar 100 Posts

lots of tricks if you search

There a lot of ways to get the badges of... dental floss a hot air gun uses sparingly and some 3m adhesive remover...

Take your time, they come off pretty easy all but the front bowtie and thats easy to get off and paint also...

im running close to 33's with the 285's on 18's
  5. crazyhats5

crazyhats5 New Member

Perfect! I will get the 3m remover and do it soon! Thanks for the imput. So the 285/75/18 are close to 33/12.5's?
  6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I also have an 08 crew cab with a ready lift leveling kit. Heres a couple pics of my 33x12.50x18 wheel/tire combo.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  7. crazyhats5

crazyhats5 New Member

Thats exactly the stance I want! Do they only rub at max turn? So you only have the alluminum spacer in the front strut correct? Whats that combo cost $2100-$2400 for wheels and tires? How are the for noise? Not really an issue just wondering. Thabks again Adam
  8. Shorty 71

They do rub alittle at max turn on the passenger side but no big deal, yes i only have the strut spacer, and that wheel tire combo was around $2400. I thought they would be noisier than they are. For the money the leveling kit gives you a good stance and tuffens the look of the truck. Just do it:)
  9. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i've got a similar set up, but its on a rough country 3" suspension lift. i get minimal rubbing when the wheels are turned all the way. 285 (32.75") nitto trail grapplers on 18" atx thugs.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  10. Shorty 71

Truck looks killer!!