1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which tires should I put on?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dyonchak89, Jul 3, 2011.

1. dyonchak89

dyonchak89 New Member

I bought this Silver 2010 Silverado Crew cab back in November. It has a leveling kit on it already. I am looking at putting some new tires on it. Mainly A/T or M/T. Any suggestions or does anyone has a similar truck with nice tires on it, I could look at?

Attached Files:

2. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

Round tubeless pneumatic is the way to go.

Buying tires is like everything else. People have their favorite brands and styles. For quality tires, choose a good name brand like Michelin, General, Good Year, etc. Stay away from discount chains IMO
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. BFG or Toyo's. Both have great tires. A/T's hold small rocks and throw them up agaisnt the lower doors/rockers where as the M/T's don't seem to pick up the small rocks because of there larger openings between the tires lugs. Talking from expierinace.
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

BFG All Terrain KO, BFG Mud Terrain KM2, Toyo Open Country M/T, Goodyear Wrangler MTR, Nitto Terra Grapplers and Nitto Trail Grapplers are all good tires for your application. It really depends on your budget. I have the the BFG All Terrain KO's and I couldn't be happier. Good off road traction and not noisy at all while on the highway.
  5. arinmybackpocket

arinmybackpocket New Member

I just got some Goodyear Duratracs and I researched alot before I bought them. They aren't the cheapest tire out there but the tread pattern is very aggressive A/T. I love them so far. Haven't been off-road yet but my buddy has them on his F-150 and it was night and day compared to the stock tires that came on his truck originally.
  6. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have had the DuraTracs and now the Trail Grapps. The GY were 31.7X10.4 and the Nittos are 33.4X11.65

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. i put Goodyear wrangler mtr's on mine last april,they are quiet on the road and do great in the mud.but they were a bit pricey. i got the new design ones with the Kevlar,they handle great on the road
  8. JonTiffany1

JonTiffany1 New Member

I personally think that, if youre near a pepboys, their definity brand tire is totally worth it. I had cooper discoverer at's on my yukon and they were terrible, slid everywhere in the lightest amount of snow. I got the definity dakota at's, for the sweet deal of buy three, get one for $1 instantly, and they lasted the entire, and probably worst winter upstate ny has seen in a few years. hell, i couldnt get her to slide in 2wd they were so grippy in the ice and snow. so im sure the definity dakota mt's would be as good, maybe better, however, the warrantee is slightly decreased, from 60k to 40k, and the speed rating has dropped as well from the at's. i would definitely buy those tires again.

Jon
  9. dyonchak89

dyonchak89 New Member

All great suggestions. I have one more question. When I bought the silverado (above) it came with the torsion keys turned. They did not replace them with after market keys. Should I replace my torsion keys with Readylift leveling keys? Will torsion leveling keys in the long run mess your front end up?
  10. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Your 2010 1500 does not have Tbars. But ReadyLift does make a nice level kit for your truck.