Which tires?!?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 07blkchevyz71, Dec 9, 2009.

1. 07blkchevyz71

07blkchevyz71 New Member

Ok, I was gonna get some Toyo M/T's for my truck, but they're a little out of my budget and I need them to last a long time...So now I'm looking at an A/T. Here's what I need: I want it to look as aggressive as possible (for an A/T), but still last a long time...Also, I was looking at 305/55 R20,(I have the 2.5" CCM leveling kit) but would a 285/50 R20 be that much smaller? I'm looking at the Cooper Zeon LTZ's right now, but wanted your input!

Here's my truck for those that havent seen it:[​IMG]

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Don't know what to tell you bro, been down that road. 20" tires are expensive!! I was looking for an all terrain too but 33" tall tires for 20" rims, I was looking at $1000 -$1200 so I settled for the tires I have now,
    305/50/20 Cooper Discoverer H/T plus, 32" tall , more of a street tread but, I only paid $540 out the door! So you're probably going to have to compromise a little or save up for what you want. Nice looking truck by the way!

3. 07blkchevyz71

07blkchevyz71 New Member

Got the new tires on!

Went with the Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60 R20 and I love them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's what the tread looks like:
    [​IMG]

No rub either!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They're great in the mud too! Here are a couple next to my bosses truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  4. tandk04

tandk04 Member

Hey 07blkchevyz71. That is a NICE looking truck. Tires look nice as well. Just wanted to know what you put on your tail lights? I like that look.

5. blakk0nine

blakk0nine New Member

Looks like it worked out well

6. 07blkchevyz71

07blkchevyz71 New Member

Thanks! I had a guy on another forum do them. He mixed black paint and clear coat and sprayed them, then he cleared them.

7. tandk04

tandk04 Member

Thanks for getting back with me. I thought they had to be custom because I spent a good bit of time searching the internet for tail lights like that. As you can imagine, didn't find any. Nice truck though and LOVE those tail lights.

8. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

hey 07blkchevyz71 what did you do with your headlights to take the orange out of the hazard lights? i love your truck! very clean! well done!

9. 07blkchevyz71

07blkchevyz71 New Member

I just cut them open with a Dremel and then cut the orange reflector out. I replaced the turn signal with Silverstar Ultra turn signals.

Thanks!

10. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Congrats on the new truck and tires, they look great!!