1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

which truck should i choose?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by etpn13, Mar 28, 2010.

1. etpn13

etpn13 Member

2. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I would go for the 09 z71, its cheaper and i bet you would be happier with the performance of it.
  3. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

yeah what he said :lol:
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

The only thing i don't like is the 21,000 K on the 09,other than that i like the z71 ,it has more options like the aluminum rims,better instrument panel,and doesn't have that floor shift which will get in the way with a passenger in the middle.I have that seat console with the 3 drink holder and i love it.Go with the z71 ,i think you will be pleased that you did.
  5. bama dave

bama dave Member

09 Z71 i think is the best option
  6. dbb06

dbb06 Member

I will agree with everyone else the 09 is a better option. Better equipment pkg, stronger engine, and yeah I dig the color too.
  7. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

chevy tahoe 09 Z71 its SUV and truck at the same time ... or avalanche
  8. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'll agree with everyone else mainly because of the 5.3L. The only thing I'd consider for the 2010 is if you have access to E85 (ethanol) flex fuel. I run my 09 Sierra on it and like it. I only run 20 miles per day and the loss in mileage is minimal, while the price is a good 50 cents cheaper on average.
  9. denvern

denvern New Member

Z71 for sure!!
  10. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ditto on the Z71.... 5.3L is a power house, and the trim package makes for a lot more ammenities.. The 21K isnt to bad since ive seen a few with another 0 on the end and more... Good solid motor.. And yeah Flex fuel rocks for people that have it close. Its nearly 70cents cheaper here......