which trucks can I rob bilstein shocks from?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by usetaboost, Apr 14, 2010.

1. usetaboost

usetaboost Rockstar

Gonna start going treasure hunting at the junkyards again, which trucks can I get bilstein shocks off of for my 04 z71 silverado? My neighbor has the same truck also and one of his stockers BROKE!:shocked:

2. BillNH

BillNH New Member

why not order new ones?

3. usetaboost

usetaboost Rockstar

Don't have a lot of money right now. Got some credit cards to pay off from home repairs.

4. BillNH

BillNH New Member

I hear that.

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I dont think any chevys came with bilsteins from the factory. I know some Nissan's had them, I think of newer Frontiers. I also want to say some toyota pickups had bilsteins too. They may be hard to find and they may not even fit.

6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The only Chevy's that I know that had them stock was the 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 ( old style ) like mine! I am sure there may have been some others, but that is just my guess. Good luck!:glasses:

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

My 02 Avalanche had them I don't think my 08 does... So I would say any of the Z71's from 04 or before. They are good shocks and will last 100K

8. usetaboost

usetaboost Rockstar

I talked to a friend that works at a shop he said none of the newer style trucks came with bilsteins except for the s10s and another vehicle I can't remember. He said he has seen quite a few of the newer trucks come in and those tennecos are broke in the rear. The older and newer trucks don't use the same style shocks.

9. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

My 05 Suburban came with them & almost ready for first replacement.