Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

which type of supertuner?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by gr8cop, Aug 1, 2009.

1. gr8cop

gr8cop New Member

I have a 2002 silverado 1500 HD with the 6.0 gas engine. Which superchip/tuner would be best? Does anyone have experience with what works best on the 6L engine??

2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

all i can say is stay away from superchip

3. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

just say no to superchip. i have tyhe diablo predator and like it well, several people on here like a custom tune from blackbear, some like other stuff

4. heavy chevy

I prefer wait4me performances sct hand held custom tune.

5. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

With Wait4me.. is that just a handheld with your custom tune put on it?

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Dont waste your money on Superchips or Hypertech. Look at Diablo or SCT. I heard that the guys at SCT had worked at Diablo, but I havent been able to confirm this. I have a Diablo and like it alot. you can fine tune there 87,89 and 93 octane fuel tunes. It has live data so you can drive around and see what your truck is doing. Fun to play with. There website doesnt show all you can do with it.

7. heavy chevy

yes you get 3 custom tunes loaded into it and you install it your self then you dont have to do the crank relearn procedure. It saves you time and money.

8. 04SilverChevy

Can you customize the tunes further.. well not exactly further.. but i plan on going to 285 here real soon.. but i was gonna throw my 245 back on for winter or w/e. Would I be able to switch that with the handheld so that my speedo would be correct?

9. heavy chevy

he will have to input it in after every swap but the plus is he does not charge you and you get the tune emailed to you and you load it into your hand held like a update

10. 04SilverChevy

Oh sweet. I emailed him and hannah last night for a quote. This is prob gonna be my next mod right after i pick up the 285s.