Which wax is best?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by s6guy72, Dec 1, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. s6guy72

s6guy72 New Member

i used meguiar's tech 2.0 wax or something and i loved the result, is there anything better? if so what? should i polish it now?
  2. GMC era

GMC era New Member

I have been wanting to try the Tech 2.0, I have used the Hi-Tech Yellow from them for almost 10 years and have never been disappointed with the outcome.

I've never been able to tell much difference with a polish over wax myself.

Can you put the Tech 2.0 on black platic too? It seems like I heard that somewhere.
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You JUST missed out on a thread that went over waxes and such! Maybe this can be of some good use to you, have a look at this thread!
  4. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member 100 Posts

I have been using the ICE, but it does not seem to hold up long, have used it three times on the Titan, think I am going back to Black Magic, it gives you a work out, but a great shine and long lasting. I use a machine, so its a little easier.....

Jeff
  5. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Try Mcguires gold class.
  6. raisor87

raisor87 New Member 100 Posts

meguiars gold class or three stage polish system if you have about 6 hours to wax
  7. justaphase44

justaphase44 New Member

Best wax

Meguiar's has always worked the best for me. Never had any problems with it.
  8. RUDENESS

RUDENESS New Member

its all the same if u ask me...
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I used to use Eagle one and I loved it, I don't like using buffers so I rub it out by hand.
    I use what is called Trucker's Polish now, my uncle is a semi-truck driver and that is what he uses.
    I love that stuff it is really good for paints with metal flake in them, It beads up all year long with only one coating. The down side is it takes me a day to do the body of the truck, and another day to do all the accesories. My dad thinks I'm crazy for spending that much time, but black is an extremely hard color to not get swirls in and I take my time. 16 hours is about the normal time for me, It takes all but 6 hours to do the tonneau cover with an aluminum mag polish!
  10. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member 100 Posts

u guys should try mothers