1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which Window Visors?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by MWright936, Oct 23, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

With the cooler weather getting here, I've had the urge to drive with the windows down. Well, I forgot how the wind can beat you in the head when driving on the highway. In my old truck, I had a set of AVS Vent Visors (in-channel), and they worked great. I started looking online for a set for my truck and looked over some reviews and I found quite a few people that said they were junk. Have they gotten crappy over the years?

What kind of window visors do yall have and how have they worked for you?
  2. Stargazer

Stargazer Rockstar

3. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just a quick question here.... how can they be junk? They don't DO anything.. they're just a plastic form that sticks to the truck. Some people have problems with them flying off all of a sudden at high speed or disintegrate into space dust after hitting a pot hole?

Just wondering!

As for what I have installed... I couldn't tell you. Came with them on there when the truck was bought but I'd be ore than happy to look for a name on them tomorrow!
  5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

hes got a point matt lol :lol:

:rofl:
  6. MWright936

People said they have broken while they were installing them, and others have broken from contact with the window in the channel. Basically, they were saying they can break easily. I had one break when I had them on my old Ranger, but that was because one of my dumbass friends decided to try to climb in through the open window and he busted it.
  7. MWright936

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't looked at these. I found them on Stylintrucks.com for only $40! Price seems right, and there's even a little video on there showing how they are very flexible and won't break. Might end up going with these.
  8. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sometimes they seem to be a little fraigle..
  9. Stargazer

Stargazer Rockstar

I've found that the WeatherTechs are more brittle and easier to break than the AVS.
  10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ah! ok... makes sense.