1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which Wiper Blades?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by MWright936, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a quality, long-lasting wiper blade. I have tried the cheap route (Anco from Wal-Mart). The blades I have on my truck right now are the new frameless type by Michelin. They were about $15 a piece! They aren't lasting any better than the Anco's at about $7 a piece. I'm sure the heat down here plays a big role in wearing out the blades. Does anybody have any experience with a good wiper blade that lasts? ....or should I just accept the fact that no matter what type of blade I get, I'll have to replace them every 6 months or so?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

matt i understand your fusteration.:lol: i recently replaced mine, its a new tripel edge blade thats supposed to last the life of the truck bc its made of diffrent material that will not crack i got em @ wall mart ... a little pricy but i like them so far . i cant think of the name... they are in a yellow container. and say something about tripple edge on them
    but i would reccomend them :great:
  3. catbert

catbert New Member

I haven't found any magic rubber or silicone wipers that the sun and weather won't destroy. Do what the fleets do - buy the cheapest you can get, and replace as needed.:money:
  4. ChevyPrincess

ChevyPrincess New Member

the trico neoforms are pretty good.. pricey but good about 17 a peice
  5. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Anco that i get are 4 bucks a piece and work just fine, and really you should replace your wipers every six months. I replace mine at the end of October and the end of April. that gets me through the winter up hear.
  6. MWright936

Thanks for the tips guys (and gal)! I just finished washing and waxing the truck. Now I'm about to head up to Wal-Mart to get some new wiper blades. I think I'm just going to go the cheap route and get the Anco's. They seem to do the job. I keep the windshield treated with Rain-X too, so that helps. I'm a big believer in that stuff! Thanks again!
  7. 4x4_only

4x4_only New Member

DITTO!

WHen I was living in AZ and even now in the CA heat which hits triple digits often in the summer I use the Anco's. I tried paying 18 bucks for the nicer sets, but in the end they crap out just as fast as the cheap-o's. PLus you don't have to worry about the "sticker shock" for wiper blades.
  8. MWright936

Just a little update on this situation. I installed the new Anco wipers last week, but didn't use them until about Friday. I then realized that they squeaked REALLY bad! The driver side seemed to do it worse than the passenger side. It was super annoying. It didn't matter how wet the windshield was, it was going to squeak and leave tons of missed spots on the way down.

I went back to Wal-Mart today and bought a set of Triple Edge blades. They are almost twice as much as the Anco's ($7.50 each, compared to $4.50), but I figured I'd take a shot. I just put them on, and did a test run with the washer fluid. Whisper quiet.

I'm not sure if I just got a bad set or what, but I probably won't get those Anco blades again.
  9. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

those are what i have ... supposed to be pretty good ..i guess well see :great:
  10. Jmill77

Jmill77 New Member

has anyone tried the crazy expensive rain-x latitude wipers? I always want to try them but cant bear to spend $20 for ONE wiper blade unless they are unbelievable.