1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

White truck suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by AJ's Sierra, Jun 7, 2009.

1. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

well i have a white truck i was trying to think of some ideas for it. you know how black trucks have the lights black out, grill, rims etc....well i was trying to think of something like that with my truck..any ideas??
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Honestly I like the direction that you are going with it right now, I like the shiny stuff mixed with the white paint. I don't really think it will look good color matched, because it will cheapen the look of the truck and make it look like a work truck. I would go with all clear lenses all the way around, and then have some nice tinted windows which look great with white paint. Another thing I like to see on a white vehicle is underbody lighting, I know it's probably not your style but it's what came to me when looking at your truck.
  3. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am thinking the same as TRPLX2. But I'm not into the lighting.

I was thinking on what I want to do with my red truck. I want the chrome gone. I am thinking of going black where there is chrome on the bumpers and grille.
  4. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

got to your local homie store, and go gold! anything chrome... gold. i havent seen that in a long time. white lowrider Cadillac with gold trim, wheels, etc clear lenses, dark tinted windows
  5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

white with everything blacked out is SICK! Go for it!
  6. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

I painted the black seam fillers on the roof white,looks much better. White door bezels with chrome handles look nice too.
  7. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

well the windows are tinted, and u said something about clear lenses? where can i find something like that? sometime soon i am gonna lift the truck and get tires and rims. at first i didnt like the look or black rims with a white truck but its really starting to grow on me so idk lol
  8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

clear lenses... you can get them anywhere that sells aftermarket lighting for vehicles. tail lights, 3rd brake light, headlights, fog lights. etc. gorecon.com i think is the website, my boss went to a recon website and was traumatized by the nasty things he saw. guess he misspelled it lol. putco, anzo, etc there are a lot of them out there
  9. Browntowns20s

Browntowns20s Rockstar

ok heres me venting a little so relax, but why does everyone all of a sudden Hate Chrome? you pay thousands of dollars more for your brand new ltz pickup at the lot because its got leather seats and chrome trim then you go and F*** up your new truck with some cheapo duplicolor and a scotch brite over all your chrome accessories. if you dont want chrome buy a work truck. they are so pimp they come all blacked out from the factory!!! Whats next ripping out leather seats for cloth bench seats and getting rid of alloy rims for steel wheels with hudcaps. just because everyone had chrome doesnt mean your different doing everything "murdered out" ITS A FAD....and in a year and a half when everyone is doing lime green and pink because its cool your gonna be pissed your truck is all black..... ok i feel better now

with your truck i would go clean and classy, black window tint, white door handle buckets with chrome handles nice dual exhaust, some nice Chrome rims. and just subtle luxury. but hey follow the crowd and go "murdered' or stick with the timeless look of class its up to you
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  10. thejms

thejms Rockstar

I have a white truck. I love white and chrome. I got chrome rims. I personally am going with a set of aftermarket headlights that have black bezels. Same with the running lights and third brake light. I am going with LED brake lights. I cant decide if I want red lens or clear with black bezel. The only think I am getting color matched are my fenders if I decide to get them. I am blacking out my red GMC in the front.