1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Member Feedback Whitespacing issues...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by SurrealOne, Jan 16, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

• If I place two spaces after a period and before my next sentence this site reduces it to one. Why is the site revising the content I create?
    • Similarly, if I place two carriage returns between paragraphs this site revises it to ZERO, resulting in -no- spacing between the paragraphs AND I waste time having to edit my post to add the spacing back in (that the site stripped).

Why is the site revising whitepsace in content that users create instead of leaving it alone ... and why is it doing it in such a way that forces us to go edit what the site has done, at times? Whitespace compresses very nicely in databases. MSSQL offers native compression that's highly effective. This is probably a LAMP setup, but still I'd think MYSQL has a similar mechanism that'd preclude the need to strip whitespace.
  2. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

You're OCD surreal :)
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

You're one to talk!
  4. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Lol! This may be true