Who do you trust?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Coach24, Jan 30, 2012.

Newest Photos

?

Who do you trust?

1. New Car Dealership

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Used car Dealership

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Wholesaler

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Private Sale

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  5. Relatives

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When buying a used vehicle, who do you trust more?
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

i guess it just really depends on what year of vehicle your buying...ive only bought vehicles off Craigslist and and from close friends.Never had any troubles doing it that way.If your buying a used vehicle,i would buy it from a private seller,just because they would(should) know more about that vehicle than a used car lot!
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member 100 Posts

I used to work with a used car dealer and will never trust them. They will tell you anything about an older vehicle to get you into it, and IMO pathological liars make the best used car salesmen. I bought my truck from a new car dealer and while I don't particularly like that dealer or his staff personally, they were extremely honest and willing to work with me. I've been screwed by my own relatives before, so that's kind of out of the picture for me, and I've never bought anything from a wholesaler before (as far as auto's go). For me, new car or private seller.
  4. The Heater

The Heater New Member 100 Posts

I prefer a private seller.

Main reason is that used dealers buy from auctions. No known history of those cars, and under Lemon Law arbitration, the manufacturer often has to buy back the defective vehicle, at which time they fix it and sell it to an autioner. This is straight from the mouth of a General Motors Lemon Law negotiator. Then you have other issues such as someone trading in a vehicle to a dealer and the dealer never checks for history of repairs, problems, etc. Yes, you have Carfax, but that does not pick up everything.
  5. donyms

donyms New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I only buy used from a new car dealer because there reputation is on the line and if the vehicle has problems or bad history they wholesale them to the corner lots. I bought my last 2 Silverados from a new car lot and both have been great. Also my sister bought her Silverado from a new dealer and it has been trouble free.
  6. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

None of them! They are ALL liars! New car dealers usually tend to be the least snakey of the bunch and generally only keep the best of the best trade ins to re-sell. most used car dealers buy the cars that the new car dealers don't want on their lot from auto auctions. Individuals will lie a green streak to unload their junk. At the end of the day, it is your responsibility to have any vehicle checked out by a neutral third party before buying. Just remember, you normally get the "Georgia Guarantee" when buying used cars... "If it breaks, you get to keep all of the pieces".

Think of it like a game: When looking at a used car, know and completely understand that there IS something wrong with it. The game is for you to find the problem(s) BEFORE you buy it, and then decide if you are willing to buy it knowing about the problems.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Where's the "me" option?